About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the Role
We are seeking a creative and tenacious communications manager to join our high-growth Defense Team. As a Communications Manager, you will help drive Applied Intuition delivery of many of the world's most sophisticated technologies to our nation's warfighters. You will have the unique opportunity to strategically shape the brand of a dual-use technology company delivering impact across Department of Defense critical technology priorities. You will also be able to develop compelling content for delivery across multiple channels. You will be the creative force behind Applied Intuition's defense technology story and shape conversations about some of the most critical issues in national security.
You will partner cross-functionally across Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Government Affairs, and Business Development. This is an operational role that will directly enable revenue growth.
At Applied, you will:
- Develop targeted communications that will generate demand for Applied Intuition’s products within the Defense and Federal markets
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement communications content and activity in support of events
- Drive Applied Intuition's earned media strategy
- Develop and share analysis of relevant media reporting to identify opportunities for Applied Intuition
- Translate technical ideas and vocabulary into compelling content
- Operate proactively as a trusted and experienced communications expert
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail and enjoy managing communications processes end-to-end to deliver timely content.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelors in communication, journalism, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in end-to-end development of public-facing communications products (e.g., press releases, social media content, op-eds, articles, etc)
- Experience in the end-to-end development of executive and internal communications products (e.g., talking points, speeches)
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience writing about defense technology, including autonomy, automation, or Artificial Intelligence and their applications to Defense
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams to execute a communications strategy
- Is passionate about building a deep understanding of autonomous systems applications for National Security and Defense
Nice to have:
- Masters in communication, journalism, or related field from a top graduate program
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.