Strategic Lead, Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area (Senior Director, US Medical Affairs)
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Lead, Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area , to be located in Horsham, PA .
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
As Immunology Leaders, we know immunology is vital to human health. Driven by a relentless focus on patient unmet needs, we will redefine treatments for immune diseases by delivering transformational and accessible therapies and regimens to patients with immune-mediated disease. For more than two decades we have been a world leader in the development of transformational medicines, establishing one of the strongest, first-in-class portfolios and pipelines in the industry, including the first tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitor, and first interleukin (IL)-12 and IL-23 inhibitors. We tirelessly push the boundaries of science and creativity, applying our deep disease insights, novel pathway science, new technologies, and treatment modalities to restore immune homeostasis.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in the following therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. We are guided by our Credo .
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Strategic Lead, Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area (TA) is responsible for supervising a matrixed team advancing the scientific strategy and business plan for the Gastroenterology TA. The role will also manage two to three direct reports.
The strategic arms are to strive for Medical Affairs leadership in this therapeutic area by identifying and addressing key stakeholders’ needs through data generation, data dissemination, and special initiatives supporting our Gastroenterology products.
- Lead the Gastroenterology team, in collaboration with the Integrated Evidence Team Leader, in developing a scientifically and commercially sound strategy for supporting all Gastroenterology assets.
- Identify, prioritize, and oversee the implementation of innovative data dissemination approaches and data generation strategies while integrating the changes of the healthcare environment.
- Drive the execution of the Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area strategy through collaboration with functional areas (including R&D and Commercial) and ensure the strategy is aligned across global medical affairs, commercial and market access teams
- Lead both Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area employees and a matrixed team capable of determining ongoing scientific strategies and tactics. Create opportunities for key talent to assume leadership roles.
- Supervise the planning and execution of clinical trials and the development of IIS strategies and prioritization.
- Actively contribute as a disease-specific expert and provide advice and input to and support the R&D, Marketing, Sales, Market Access, New Business Development, Real World Value & Evidence, MSL, and Medical Information teams.
- Lead the Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area in business planning and be responsible for budget decisions within boundaries allocated by the Medical Affairs Leadership Team. Serve as a core member of Medical Affairs Leadership Team.
- Represent US Affairs in various interactions with the global functions including regulatory affairs and safety. This includes providing data for regulatory requests.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a MD or DO degree.
Highly prefer 10+ years of experience in Gastroenterology or immunology and a record of accomplishments in clinical research and/or clinical education. Academic experience will be considered. Pharma industry experience is highly preferred.
The successful candidate must have strong leadership skills with highly collaborative instincts. Clinical trial experience is strongly desired. The candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with basic and clinical scientists, as well as with regulatory and commercial colleagues. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
3+ years of people management experience preferred.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $213,000 to $368,000.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.