Principal Product Security Engineer
Ethicon Endo-Surgery Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Product Security Engineer.
Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
The Security Lead will be a key member to the Capital and Software organization, make vital contributions to the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transform patient care through innovation. They are accountable for leading our NPD teams and creating a strategy to implement cybersecurity into the design and development of product hardware and software for use in cutting edge medical devices and associated capital equipment.
Are you interested in an excellent opportunity to be a catalyst to bringing exciting new products to market while also providing the opportunity for professional growth? Apply today!
- Lead the threat models and security risk assessments for the product security and connectivity.
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities to patient safety and product integrity, assess current security controls and determine potential impact of a threat and the risk level associated with threat/vulnerability pairs.
- Design and develop embedded system security software to integrate with mechanical, electrical, and distributed computing systems.
- Drive platform architecture and design discussion and ensure that decisions incorporate security considerations.
- Document designs and specifications per design control processes and conform to Industry Standards for Medical Device Software (IEC 62304)
- Participate in and influence business planning to ensure risk-based cybersecurity capabilities are appropriately considered, included in plans and deployed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related degree
- 8+ years of applicable industry related experience
- 5+ experience implementing security solutions in consumer products or medical devices
- 5+ experience in a software engineering or software architectural role in a New Product Development environment
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively seek out opportunities to build security capabilities across our platforms
- Ability to think big picture and have attention to detail – aligning strategic objectives with tactical implementation.
- Proven experience with electrical and embedded software design
- Proficient in security architecture and risk assessments for connected products, medical devices or IoT platforms
- Experience developing software for embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
- Experience developing embedded software systems using Modern C++
- A results and performance driven demeanor with strong sense of accountability.
- Experience with cybersecurity, data governance, and privacy standards (HIPAA, ISO 27001, UL 2900)
- Work experience with Systems Engineering activities: requirements management and development, risk management, and verification
- Strong collaboration, proven technical leadership capabilities, and conflict resolution skills
- A security certification from an accredited body is preferred and may be considered in lieu of a portion of required years of experience
- Experience working with secure boot, TPM, DDS, and QNX
Requires up to 10% travel
The anticipated pay range for this position is $111,000 - $220,915.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 30 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Our diverse team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists are on the forefront of technology in the medical device industry.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.