Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Immunology
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Immunology located in Cambridge, MA.
As a member of the Antibody Generation Group, this role will be responsible for developing methods for the recovery of antibody V-genes from selected hybridoma cells or single B-cells using next generation sequencing (NGS) approaches. In-depth knowledge and extensive experience with BCR cloning using various methods including RT-PCR, Topo cloning, in-fusion cloning, multiplex NGS, and 10X Genomics are required. A strong understanding of B-cell recovery methods such as Hybridoma technology and primary B-cell sorting will also be important. This is a critical function in a multifaceted Biologics Discovery organization committed to bringing the next generation of biotherapeutic molecules to patients. We are looking for a motivated candidate with scientific and technical expertise who can collaborate across discovery areas to bring value to our portfolio of innovative drug concepts. Proficiency to work within a highly coordinated, fast-paced environment will be a significant attribute. An additional knowledge base in the areas of oncology, immunology, infectious disease, or cardiovascular disease would be a plus. If this sounds like you, come join our team!
- Bachelor degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or a related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience is required OR a Masters degree would be preferred
- Working knowledge on antibody discovery using different approaches including hybridoma, B cell sorting is required
- In-depth knowledge on mAb, bi-specifics and multi-specifics as therapeutics is preferred
- Hands-on experience in molecular cloning including V-gene primer design, in-fusion cloning, multiplex NGS, 10x Genomics is preferred
- In-depth understanding of antibody sequence analysis including germline analysis and CDR clustering and immune repertoire analysis is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.