US Commercial Digital & Power Tools Finance Manager
US DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Finance Manager to support our US Digital Commercial Organization and Power Tools business. This position will play a critical role in supporting and developing processes for the recently launched digital orthopedic platform. The role can be based in Warsaw, IN, West Chester, PA, Raynham, MA, or Somerville, NJ, and consideration will be given to other US-based J&J sites as well.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive Orthopaedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
Job Description Details:
The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing financial leadership by partnering with the US Digital commercial team for the Joint Reconstruction business (includes knees, hips & shoulder platforms) and the Power Tools commercial Organization. This role will directly partner with the Marketing & Selling platform leads and their leadership teams in driving top line growth whilst supporting critical business decisions that optimize resource utilization. In addition, this role will shape and influence critical insights and decision making to drive effective utilization of Inventory & Capital as well as gross profit performance. This role will be critical in influencing both the business & finance teams to increase financial acumen to improve business decision making.
This position will also play an important role in reviewing and approving Capital deals for the businesses to help drive profitable growth. The Finance Manager will have responsibility for reviewing the viability of these deals and challenging business assumptions to ensure deals are in line with program framework from a strategy, economic, and accounting perspective.
This role will require developing relationships with key stakeholders within the Business, Franchise Finance teams, Supply Chain, Global Services, Internal Audit, and the Business Support COE. The role will have oversight of business plan, forecasting, and monthly and quarterly close activities for these platforms. The role will manage and lead a team of 2 direct reports.
To be successful with these efforts, the candidate must demonstrate the Leadership Imperative qualities and focus on the activities below:
- Develop key business insights and analytics to support business decision-making
- Oversight and leadership of the major forecasting cycles and quarter close in line with financial calendar
- Challenges business assumptions, help to develop alternative scenarios or what if analysis
- Strong understanding and ability to build financial models, ROI analysis, and pro-forma analysis
- Proactive management of top line sales, gross profit, and bottom-line Contribution Margin
- Develop strategies and recommendations to improve financial performance of the business
- Lead, develop, and support talent development of Finance Professionals
- Provide dashboard reporting to drive transparency around key financial performance metrics
- Oversee compliance activities and ensure a SOX-compliant environment
- Foster a diverse and inclusive working environment where everyone feels like they belong
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; Preferably in Finance or Accounting
- MBA and/or CPA and/or CMA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of diverse financial experience is required
- Enterprise leader with a proven track record of partnering across functions and within Finance
- Strong ability to frame business results across all levels of the organization is required.
- Excellent business communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- This role may require up to 10% domestic travel.
The base pay range for this position is $97,000 - $166,750
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.