2024 Summer Intern - Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP)
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP)- Summer 2024 Internships, to be located in the New Brunswick, NJ area.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Medtech and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Procurement is strategically integrated in the Supply Chain as a key driver of business value – our organization’s vision is to “Partner to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare.” Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $35B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our Procurement professionals work as highly respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Procurement uses the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These creative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including deep supply market understanding; actionable insights and knowledge; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately accelerate growth & innovation, deliver value for our spend portfolio, and enhance reputation & manage risk. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent with diverse perspectives as critical to achieving its vision.
The Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) Internship is a 12-week program that encompasses functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging project(s) that deals with strategic business initiatives. Interns will have a formal mentor / buddy and may participate in organized activities, including sector immersion events, leadership training and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Intern might include (but are not limited to):
- Research and analytics for category strategy development
- Project Team Lead or Team Member for a major value initiative (ex: sourcing event)
- Development of best practices, processes and tool kits
- Sector specific projects for developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value
Upon completion of a successful PLDP internship experience, interns will be considered for our prestigious PLDP full-time positions designed to deliver the future Procurement leaders at Johnson & Johnson. Offers will be extended based upon internship performance and business need.
The anticipated base pay for this position is $50/hour, but will be based on candidate’s program year, discipline, degree and/or experience.
This position is overtime eligible.
Co-Ops/Interns may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as medical insurance, sick time, and holiday pay in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
- Must be a matriculated student completing their MBA or graduate degree between December 2024 and June 2025.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Have prior full time, professional work and/or military experience: minimum of 60 months / 5 years or more. Full time is equivalent to working 40 hours or more weekly, on a continuous basis
- Relevant course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) – within all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership abilities are essential.
- Strong project management, analytics, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability