2024 NA Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) Manager
Location of Job, New Brunswick, New Jersey; Somerville, New Jersey; Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey; Bridgewater, New Jersey
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Medtech and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Procurement is strategically integrated in the supply chain as a key driver of business value – our organization’s mission – fueling growth and good, through great business and supplier partnerships. Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $35B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our procurement managers work as highly respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health solutions to people around the world.
Procurement leverages the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These creative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including deep supply market understanding; actionable insights and knowledge; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately accelerate growth and innovation, deliver value for our spend portfolio, and enhance reputation & manage risk. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent with diverse perspectives as critical to achieving its vision.
The Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) is a three-year, rotational full-time program that is designed to fill our pipeline of future leaders. The program is based on a model of “Education, Experience and Exposure.”
The PLDP curriculum includes both functional & leadership training, senior leader mentorship, formal leadership assessment & mentoring, numerous networking opportunities, and culminates with a “capstone” project in support of a key business challenge strategic to the procurement function.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Manager include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with category teams and category leaders in developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value from the supplier base.
- Conducting in-depth research on existing and emerging trends, identifying new technology/solutions, screening potential new suppliers and performing complex analytical studies.
- Managing relationships with key suppliers, developing negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Leading process improvement projects in critical areas in support of driving greater value for Johnson & Johnson.
- Providing internal consulting services to adjacent functional areas such as marketing, R&D, operations, logistics, and legal.
You will begin your Procurement career in a specially designed position within our Global Services organization supporting one of our commercial sectors and leading a strategic project that can profoundly affect Procurement’s impact at Johnson & Johnson. Your second rotation will last 2 years within a Business Unit in a strategic role in one of the following areas: Commercial, R&D, Indirect Service Procurement or Supply Chain. These two rotations will help you build your skills and the competencies to be successful in various leadership roles in the procurement function. These roles encompass functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging projects that deliver value across several strategic business initiatives.
- Be a matriculated student completing their MBA or graduate degree between December 2023 and June 2024 (role will commence July 2024).
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Have prior full time professional work and/or military experience: minimum of 60 months / 5 years or more
- Full time is equivalent to working 40 hours or more weekly, on a continuous basis
- Complete course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics (highly preferred)
- Possess excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities coupled with strong project management, digital and analytical skills.
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.