Senior NPD Engineer, Manufacturing
Biosense Webster Inc. part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies is currently recruiting for a Senior NPD Engineer, Manufacturing located in Irvine, CA.
At Biosense Webster, Inc. we have one goal — to ensure those with cardiac arrhythmias can live the lives they want. This means transforming the latest advancements in electrophysiology into a suite of tools that empowers physicians with a range of treatments for the best outcomes.
Quality products and approaches are achievable only through collaboration with the smartest minds in electrophysiology. For more than 30 years, we’ve been the global market leader in the science and technology of cardiac arrhythmia treatment, working with thousands of electrophysiologists to identify and develop diagnostic and treatment tools. And through onsite training, online courses and our global education centers, we work together to set new standards every day.
Are you interested in joining a team delivering outstanding results to our customers and patients? Apply now for this exciting opportunity!
- Identifies, designs and develops the crucial equipment related to new product development.
- Responsible for preparing and managing specifications. Performs material tests.
- Assists technicians and engineers on unusual problems. Purchases and designs equipment that meets safety and environment requirements.
- Responsible for developing new manufacturing and assembly processes consistent with Design for Manufacturability for new product introductions! Performs activities of process/product validation.
- Continuously seeks automation opportunities of new and existing processes to reduce costs and improve quality on new products.
- Provides on-demand production line support, managing manufacturing metrics (yields, cycle times, capacity, bottlenecks), ensuring adherence to quality and compliance procedures, identifying and implementing continuous process improvements, deploying new fixture and tooling, performing line audits, supporting manufacturing documentation updates, and training manufacturing personnel!
- Leads and coordinates the work of engineers and technicians in controlled environment. Responsible for communicating, presenting business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring personnel and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Lead or support troubleshooting activities, validations, and raw material/process improvements. Perform root cause analysis of failures. Work on special projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related is required; a Master’s is helpful
Experience and Skills:
- 4 or more years of proven experience is required
- Experience with commercial or pilot manufacturing lines, technical report writing, statistical analysis and data evaluation is required.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and documentation is required
- The ability to influence others to achieve business objectives, and excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Proficiency to understand and speak Spanish
- Experience in a regulated industry is required; medical device experience
- Knowledge of production processes, standard costs and work standards highly
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic, is required
- The anticipated pay range for this position is $73,000 to $117,300 annually
- Must be willing to work on-site in Irvine, CA M-F 8am- 5pm.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]