Senior Associate Scientist Upstream Development
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist Upstream Development, to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women’s health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to Diversity & Inclusion, Janssen Research & Development, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate for this position will contribute to upstream process development within the therapeutic protein process development group in Malvern, PA. The candidate will be responsible to perform upstream process development studies including:
- Participate in design of experiments
- Perform study execution
- Participate in control strategy development
- Participate in tech transfer, facility fit, and process scale up/ scale down
- Record and analyze data
- Author technical reports
Additional duties include:
- Participate in scientific investigations and trouble-shoot process issues that arise during development, technology transfer, or scale-up
- Contribute to regulatory filings
The candidate is expected to work effectively in a team environment and well as contributing individually to meet project objectives and timelines. Other duties will be assigned, as necessary.
- A Master’s in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry or related field with 4 years of relevant experience OR a Bachelors degree with 8 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties is required
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience performing large molecule drug substance (API) upstream manufacturing process development is required
- Highly organized and capable of managing/ pursuing multiple projects with some supervision is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is required
- The ability to report data, present findings to management is required
- Experience with team-based collaborations and direct management of staff is required
- Occasional weekend work is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com