Production Associate II (Multiple Openings)
Abiomed, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Production Associate II to be located in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Cleanroom Production Associate II will be responsible for assembling, inspecting and testing high quality medical devices while working within a controlled manufacturing system.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process polymer materials to compose, test, or apply on medical devices per approved manufacturing procedures
- Assemble plastic and metal components into medical devices in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures
- Perform in-process quality checks on subassemblies and finished product
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, and test fixtures
- Participate in line meetings as needed
- Work with engineers and technicians to resolve line issues and suggest improvements
- Maintain clean room integrity by using proper attiire and adherence to clean room environment practice and procedures
- Fully understand and maintains accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, labor (e.g., timecards), and special projects
- Apply workstation practices and line clearance in daily activities
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR, and FDA regulations
- High School Graduate or equivalent manufacturing experience
- 4 or more years of medical device manufacturing experience with relevant microscope experience or 2 or more years of intensive microscope job related experience in a Class III medical device company
- Must have good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small plastic and metal components in a high volume manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of lean, six sigma, kaizen, and continuous improvement initiatives a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to utilize basic math skills
- Execute tasks in a timely manner under general supervision.
- Computer literacy required, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desired
- Meet all requirements outlined for Production Associate I Requirements.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.