Part Time Clinical Educator - Great Lakes Region
Abiomed, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Part Time Clinical Educator , to be in Great Lakes Region.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Part Time Clinical Educator role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing medical device company. This role first step for nurses and Cardiology or Radiology Techs to join our world class field organization. This part time, non-benefited position will be responsible for providing case support and training to both new accounts and existing accounts within an assigned Franchise/Region.
Franchises in the Great Lakes Region include, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, and Indianapolis, IN .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Impella® training in the ICU, OR, and Cath Lab
- Impella® case support, including on call support
- Support patient rounds as needed
- Utilize the Clinical Support Service (CSC) as needed for additional support
- Some travel may be needed
- Experience as an Abiomed per diem highly preferred
- Clinical certification required; BS in Nursing preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with a strong clinical background in the Cardiac ICU/CVICU, CVOR, or Cath Lab (RN, CVT, RT, Cath Lab, ICU or OR); some industry experience, preferred
- Significant experience with Impella® is required (Minimum of 10 cases/patients supported/cared for)
- Can provide at least five days of availability per month
- Ability to work on weekends, nights, holidays as well as weekdays
- Ability to work at other hospitals
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.