Scientific Director, Translational DMPK Sciences
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientific Director, Translational DMPK Sciences located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientific Director of the Translational DMPK Sciences Group at our La Jolla site will provide strategic and scientific leadership to a team of experienced DMPK/ADME scientists in the department of Translational PK/PD & Investigative Toxicology (TPPIT) and serve as a DMPK Program Lead on discovery and development programs. You will report to the Senior Director of Translational DMPK Sciences and be a member of a global team with groups in Spring House, PA, and Beerse, Belgium. You will be responsible for defining and providing the DMPK strategy with focus on discovery programs supported in La Jolla by generating (hypothesis driven) data packages to enable decision-making throughout (early) discovery and nomination of high-quality clinical candidates in a range of disease areas.
The Director will also make critical contributions to the scientific strategy for Global Translational DMPK Sciences in collaboration with partners in TPPIT and other functions. As a DMPK Program Lead on discovery/development program teams, you will be involved in integrating DMPK data with pharmacology and toxicology profiles and will represent programs and the TPPIT function at project reviews and portfolio governance meetings.
- Provide scientific and strategic leadership to a team of DMPK lab scientists that support the Janssen discovery and development portfolio consisting of a broad range of therapeutic modalities (e.g. small molecules, protein degraders, peptides, RNA therapies and antibody-drug conjugates).
- Strong background in the design of studies with drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters.
- Have a strong understanding of ADME and pharmacokinetic principles and experience in supporting drug discovery as a DMPK Project Lead, as demonstrated by a proven track record of scientific achievements and project influence.
- Ability to translate data into program relevance, as part of anticipating and mitigating program challenges.
- Allocate and prioritize resources, collaborate on scientific and business issues and evaluate and implement innovative technologies and strategies to evolve DMPK capabilities.
- Experience leading a team of multi-disciplinary translational DMPK scientists.
- Contribute to building and strengthening partnerships with external collaborators, including academic groups and CROs.
- Attract, engage and develop talent to build and maintain key Translational DMPK Sciences capabilities.
- Build and maintain your reputation as an internationally recognized scientist in the field of translational DMPK sciences.
- PhD with 8+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record in leading a complex and evolving scientific field and experience in leadership in a matrixed global organization is required.
- Experience supporting programs as a DMPK Program Lead is required.
- DMPK experience in small molecules is required, and preferably in other modalities.
- Knowledge of existing and pioneering of novel in vitro ADME models and approaches is required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive alignment among multiple collaborators to drive progress on scientific initiatives and programs is required.
- Demonstrated success in scientific creativity and collaboration with experts in the field is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $152,000 to $263,350.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.