Scientific Director, Data 2 Targets
Janssen Research and Development is recruiting for a Scientific Director to join the Neuroscience Discovery team, working in the field of Neurodegenerative and Neuropsychiatric Diseases. Janssen Research & Development discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address meaningful unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Our company thrives on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and is committed to inclusion. Janssen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It is a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives, and helps its employees achieve an effective balance between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. The candidate will support activities around Early Discovery and Target Identification and Validation activities managing a team that supports truly innovative technologies. A strong interaction with Bioinformatics and Biology Research activities devising experiments to transform knowledge into tractable targets and drugs will be the focus of the position. The activities will be instrumental for Janssen to further build a truly transformational target pipeline enriching the portfolio to develop new treatments against Neurodegenerative Diseases.
• We put people and talent first. You will build and mentor a motivated and hardworking team, setting goals and develop effective development paths that help your people reach career goals.
• We are a team with a growing portfolio with the potential to transform the life of patients affected by Neurodegenerative or Neuropsychiatric Diseases. To accelerate and deliver into these goals, you will support and improve the entire value chain within cross functional teams.
• You will act as a recognized distinguished expert within Biological Research and work independently to implement innovative biological/technological research projects.
• Translating Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) strategy into actionable biology research objectives that advance the delivery of research projects will be a key focus of the position.
• Communicating results to Senior Leadership through formal and informal disclosures.
• A PhD degree with a minimum of 10 years experience in Neuroscience research or 7 years of demonstrable experience in Pharmaceutical R&D.
Experience and Skills:
• Is a recognized distinguished expert within Neuroscience research and works independently to implement innovative biological/technological research projects, this should be reflected in publications in peer reviewed journals.
• Proven track record in managing people leaders and/or senior individual contributors in a matrix environment, and is accountable for meaningful career development conversations and regular coaching and feedback. Guides other colleagues through consultation, mentoring, and collaborative leadership to build depth of capability within Biological Research
• Demonstrated ability to provide scientific and technical expertise to scientific staff to advance high-quality research program that generates timely results that are decision making in the selection of targets and compounds for development.
• Demonstrated ability in providing advice and guidance to scientific leadership to help guide and shape the Neuroscience Discovery Strategy
• Proactively creates a purpose driven environment by aligning Johnson & Johnson’s Credo and Leadership Imperatives with the strategies and goals of the team and enterprise.
• Implementing research proposals on the development and evaluation of new or improved areas of biology/technology.
• Represents J&J at industry conferences, associations, and consortia / collaborative projects and expected to build partnerships and relationships within the scientific community.
• Shapes presentations of research outcomes and progress to senior leaders by owning the analysis of results and providing critical feedback.
• Project/Program Management experience leading drug development projects or technology platforms.
• Ability to problem solve and think creatively about scientific solutions to complete JRD's business or program need to deliver strong results into the drug development pipeline.
• Has the experience in managing operational aspects of their teams (e.g., budget, performance, and compliance), as well as implementing workforce and succession plans to meet business needs.
• Ability to initiate and drive external collaborations with academic, Contract Research Organization (CRO), or biotech partners.
• Exposure to Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred, including demonstrable drug hunting experience or biomarker research and / or experience in the use of machine learning to derive insights from very large datasets such as transcriptomics, proteomics and genetic data to progress drug discovery and biomarker research.
What is in for you?
Contributing to our mission to continue to bring groundbreaking new medicines to patients for a world without disease.
Being part of a motivated and experienced global research team in an innovative and diverse working environment.
A competitive salary, health promotion and energy programs and other benefits for you and your family.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.