Janssen Media Director, Media Excellence - Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Janssen Media Director, Media Excellence – Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Systems, Inc.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) is recruiting for a Janssen Media Director located in Titusville, NJ.
As part of the new J&J Media Excellence team, the Janssen Media Director will drive personalized and data-driven Consumer and HCP media planning and buying strategies for overall Janssen Enterprise and Therapeutic Areas (TAs) including Immunology and Oncology. This leader’s primary goal is to drive efficient and effective use of paid media as a tool for omnichannel communication and support of Janssen brand business goals.
The role reports to the Head of Media Excellence and will contribute to advancing the Janssen vision for Media, as a true audience-centric/audience-first vision that is grounded in data-driven insights and return on investment. This role will also interact with our Media-Search agency and Janssen Procurement to secure focused scopes of work and competitive fees.
For the Janssen Media Director, success will be achieved by strong cross-functional leadership across the TAs under their responsibility, to include their brand partner leads, agencies, and vendors, as well as engagement and alignment across internal functions, to include the the Janssen Data, Digital & Analytics (DD&A), Advanced Analytics, Communications, Procurement, Finance, and Privacy Teams.
Accountable for media strategy for the brands within all of Janssen’s Therapeutic Areas (TAs) (IMM, ONC, NS, CVM, PH/Rare Diseases, and IDV), leading with a deep understanding of the brand’s business and objectives:
- Lead media strategy for the IMM, ONC, NS, CVM, PH/Rare Disease, and IDV TAs.
- Work closely with the J&J Media Excellence Media Operations & Brand Safety Lead on brand feedback and recommendations on media brand safety matters and communication.
Design Media Strategy and Plans, with the Janssen media agency and key internal partners:
- Drive the High Value Audience (HVA) process for HCP and Consumer media, in collaboration with internal stakeholders (Brands and DD&A) and agency partners.
- Define the HVA (HCP and Consumer) for the Janssen TAs.
- Define 1P, 2P and 3P audience goals.
- Drive paid media campaign development that synergizes content with channel optimization.
- Leverage paid media innovation driven by the J&J Media Excellence Power Partner & Innovation Lead and be a key contributor to innovation identification relevant to the 4 Janssen TAs.
- Partner with the Inclusive Marketing & Media Capabilities lead to build inclusive media goals and execution for the Janssen TAs
- Support Janssen Media Strategy Lead in annual agency scope of work and fee negotiation in partnership with Janssen Brands and Procurement
- Collaborate with the Power Partner & Innovation Lead to ensure Janssen’s TAs receive a fair share of Power Partner Joint Business Plans (JBP).
Deploy Media Strategy and Plans:
- Lead executional oversight of Janssen paid media for the TAs and interact with the Media Strategy Manager who will provide project management support to align media plan requirements, including spending, media delivery, channel allocation and CIR plan fulfillment.
- Partner closely with brand team partners, the media agency and the DD&A Team (Omni Operations) to deploy media on-time and on-budget.
- Act as a Project Champion with the Janssen Digital Governance Board (DGB), as needed, to vet paid media innovation for pan-Janssen usage.
- Collaborate with the DD&A Team Channel and Measurement lead and the Media-Search agency to ensure appropriate tagging for targeting.
- Scale innovation from the DGB across the TAs.
Measure & Report Media Impact, in collaboration with DD&A leads and the media agency:
- Ensure the media agency receives Janssen MMx/ROI modeling outcomes.
- Collaborate with DD&A Channel and Measurement Lead and the Media-Search Agency to ensure:
- Appropriate KPIs for each campaign/channel
- Appropriate tagging for measurement
- Insight generation to define HVAs and optimize media is based on solid brand business understanding and is actionable
- Support the Janssen Media Strategy Lead, as they oversee partnerships with media targeting and measurement vendors, to optimizing Janssen targeting and measurement paid media tools
- Support DD&A to escalate any data feed issues with the media agency.
Continue to Optimize:
- Lead the TA’s paid media campaign decisions that are data driven and meet brand business goals
- Culture: Contribute to and reinforce Media Excellence “ways of working” by:
- Modeling “strategic partnership” with brand teams, the media agency and the DD&A Team.
- Being a trusted Subject Matter Expert for evolving media platforms, vendors and media innovation.
- Modeling servant -leadership.
- Supporting the development and delivery of presentations to senior Janssen and J&J leadership
- A Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA or equivalent degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional business experience is required, including experience at a media planning or buying agency, a media publisher, or as marketer who has experience in HCP and Consumer media.
- Experience in creating and implementing paid media strategy.
- Pharmaceutical / Healthcare experience and working knowledge of regulatory environment and what challenges that environment poses to innovating in the media space is required.
- Experience in the execution of multiple paid media channels, such as search, streaming and linear TV, audio, social media, banners, and EHR is required.
- Experience with Data Management Platforms and available data sources for HVA strategy is required.
- Strong analytical skills including experience with paid media investment and ROI is required.
- Critical thinking with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions, and creative outcomes.
- Strategic thinker who can easily move from longer term strategic concepts to more immediate and realistic potential solutions.
- Proven success in working in a matrixed organization with strong collaboration and influence skills.
- Proven experience and ability to develop effective relationships, and motivate project team members, without direct authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and strength in communications (e.g., written recommendations and live presentation) and influence, and the ability to build strong, trust-based relationships with peers and broad stakeholders.
- Accountable individual, who takes initiative in setting and implementing goals, meeting deadlines, making decisions, recommending improvements, and holding self and team members accountable to deliver goals and objectives.
- This position is based in Titusville, NJ.
- Travel up to 15% domestically is required, including regular meetings in NYC with the media agency and media sellers (ie. Broadcast TV networks, Google, Meta).
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $ $137,000 to $236,000.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.