Senior Medical Scientific Link Hematology (MSL)
At Johnson & Johnson, the largest healthcare company in the world, we come together for one purpose: to transform the history of health in humanity.
Diversity & Inclusion are essential to continue building our history of pioneering and innovation, which has been impacting the health of more than 1 billion patients and consumers every day for more than 130 years. Regardless of your race, belief, sexual orientation, religion or any other trait, YOU are welcome in all open positions at the largest healthcare company in the world.
When You Join Johnson & Johnson, Your Move Could Mean Our Next Breakthrough.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including oncology (e.g., multiple myeloma and prostate cancer), immunology (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel disease and psoriasis), neuroscience (e.g., schizophrenia, dementia and pain), infectious disease (e.g., HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and tuberculosis), cardiovascular and metabolic diseases (e.g., diabetes) and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) and Rare Diseases.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen Cilag de México, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison for the therapeutic area of Hematology, supporting mainly in Mexico City with potential coverage of Guadalajara or Monterrey.
The Sr. MSL will establish and maintain relationships with leading researchers and clinicians, also known as key opinion leaders (KOLs). This individual will help ensure that products are used effectively, serve as scientific resources and experts, and provide input about relevant scientific and clinical data, for these external customers, and internal business partners.
• Following all internal policies and functions as the scientific expert on current and future Janssen Biotech Hematology products in the area relevant to internal and external customers.
• Build external relationships with recognized opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends. Provide clinical support to Hematology opinion leaders and community physicians on the clinical application of Janssen Biotech's existing and future products, respond to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, and, as needed, discuss disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy.
• Collaborate with partners in Medical Affairs and in Clinical Research in support of Phase II to IV clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provide support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines.
• Provide scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education, and other scientific projects.
• Collect and communicate clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to Janssen Biotech's success.
• Represent and support Janssen Biotech at Hematology scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interpret and report findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders.
• Prioritize franchise customer-based initiatives and field responsibilities, while balancing administrative duties and project responsibilities.
• Build interdependent partnerships by communicating openly and frequently with partners, demonstrating commitment to the partnership in both words and actions.
• Maintain focus and composure in uncertain circumstances with minimal directions.
• Demonstrate high organizational and interpersonal skills and sound judgment in all functions.
• Demonstrate the ability to partner with others to lead or participate in large scale projects.
• Maintain in-depth scientific and therapeutic knowledge, including Janssen and competitive products as well as disease states within the franchise.
• Fully understand and apply MSL SOP's/guidelines and company HCC/Regulatory/Legal guidelines.
• Function with high integrity and be follows the Credo value.
• A minimum of Graduate degree in a Health Sciences field is required; Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. an asset
• A minimum of 2 years business experience in the pharmaceutical industry as MSL. May be balanced against a strong clinical and/or scientific background in a relevant therapy
• Knowledge of Hematology is highly desirable. Should have the ability to acquire expertise in other therapeutic areas and products, depending on pipeline and/or changing business priorities. Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/congresses/headquarters.
• Bilingualism in Spanish and English is an asset. At least english upper intermediate
• Have a proven ability to learn quickly, assimilate and distill large amounts of information and build and maintain relationships.
• Demonstrated experience of managing clinical/ scientific programs with a high degree of autonomy, including successfully managing significant programs from study concept to publication.
• Strong knowledge of GCP and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures. Familiarity with working in an environment guided by SOP's.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate information to KOLs, as well as non-experts.
• Ability to put data into perspective and communicate it concisely, as required.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, strong project management skills and ability to impact decision making with relevant stakeholders.
• Business acumen required, including prioritization skills and big picture orientation.
• Scientific knowledge, curiosity, familiarity, and interest to keep abreast of scientific trends within the therapeutic area.
• Ability to travel up to 40%, both domestic and international, as this is a customer facing position. Overnight travel may be required as much as 1-2 times per month on average, depending upon region covered.
• Comfort with utilization of computer, company applications, and remote technology.
• This position does not offer relocation.
• Drive car license required