Engineer Process Safety Management
Caring for the world, one person at a time has encouraged and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science bringing creative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. We touch the lives of over a billion people every single day.
Are you ready to impact the world?
If you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring, in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We have built the Small Molecule API network including four MAKE sites with harmonized process safety management goals: Athens Georgia (US), Geel (Belgium), Schaffhausen SM (Switzerland) and Cork (Ireland). We are now recruiting a process safety management specialist for the Geel site .
You will be a member of the Geel Safety in Operations team and will also be connected with PSM specialist in the Small Molecule API network.
You will be a member of the Geel PSM core team which defines, reviews, and adjusts the long-term strategies and processes related to process safety management for the business. You will become the lead for 1 of the next PSM elements: HAZOP, LOPA, PHA or electrostatics. You will take care that these processes are deployed, trained, and applied during the whole lifecycle of processes and process equipment. Result of these processes/strategies must be that our processes and process equipment are in compliance with process safety requirements.
- You will be responsible for acting as a process owner and expert for one or more of the next process safety management elements: HAZOP, LOPA, PHA and electrostatics.
- Prepare, scribe and/or facilitate HAZOPs, PHAs, LOPAs end electrostatic risk assessments.
- Member of the change control board meeting to assure all necessary actions are triggered related to PSM during process and equipment changes.
- Active member of the Geel PSM core team to assure the Geel PSM program is in a good shape.
- Develop and/or review global PSM standards/tools together with global safety engineers.
- Establish a wide internal and external knowledge network, performs regular benchmarks within industry to drive continuous improvement.
- Act as a lead spokesperson for HAZOP, PHA, LOPA and electrostatics during internal and external audits.
The successful candidate will have experience, skills and track record of achievement in the following
- Scribing and/or facilitating risk assessments
- Focus and deep-seated understanding and dedication to safety.
- Ability to make decisions across business units with authority.
- Encourages and supports the identification and development of innovative engineering solutions to process safety problems and opportunities.
- Fluently speaking Dutch
- Experience with functional safety and/or explosion safety (ATEX) and/or PSV/RD/orifice calculations and/or machine safety
- Strong communication skills
- Masters level Engineering degree in chemical/ process safety engineering.
- Experience in process safety activities in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
- Effectively partners and delivers results in a matrix environment; works collaboratively with different (external) engineering and supply chain organizations.