Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Staff Accountant will assist the Finance department by providing accounts receivable, cash application, and general ledger support to the business. The Staff Accountant is responsible for effective management of customer billing, accounts receivable close processes, the application of payments on customer accounts, and other miscellaneous month end close entries/reconciliations.
· Post customer payments by recording cash, check and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger, ensuring all payments are accounted for and posted properly
· Daily posting of all other cash and cash reporting as needed
· Research and resolve unapplied cash, sales tax balances and all other open past due accounts receivable; Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service department, and customers
· GL account reconciliations for all relevant accounts (Accounts Receivable including Trade, Third Party, Bad Debt, Credit Cards, and Other, Accrued Misc., Cash, Deposits, Sales Tax)
· Monitoring processing of customer invoices and maintain billing systems
· Provide support for audit requests when required
· Support ad hoc sales tax requests, manage customer exemption certificates, research sales tax issues
· Assist in general accounts receivable and cash application management reporting and analysis
· Organized, ability to make the best use of time and meet deadlines, collaborative, strong written and verbal skills
· Bachelor’s degree un Accounting and/or Finance
· Proven work experience (1+ years) as a Staff Accountant or Accounting/Finance professional preferred
· SAP or other ERP systems experience preferred
· Strong Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
· Understanding of basic accounting principles and US GAAP
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines
· Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, ability to work independently, intellect, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills required
· Energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor
· Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity
Applicants must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with an FDA approved or authorized vaccine for COVID-19 or have a valid medical/religious exemption.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.