Manager, AI Products
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Manager, AI Products, to support the Janssen commercial organization. This position is based in Titusville, NJ with consideration to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and balanced lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Pulmonary Hypertension, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ for more information.
The Manager, AI Products will be responsible for driving the development and continuous innovation of AI/ML enabled closed loop digital products for commercial, medical, and patient engagements, with an initial focus on the Janssen Omni-channel program for healthcare providers and patients. This role will reside within the Commercial Strategy and Operations organization and will work closely with cross-functional partners to identify standardization opportunities across TAs as we scale our HCP, patient, and medical omnichannel solutions across all brands, and will ensure that commercial AI products are established as scalable and sustainable platforms that are responsive to evolving Janssen commercial needs.
Primary responsibilities include developing a deep understanding of the brand priorities and partnering with cross-functional strategic and technical partners to support the development and productionization of fit-for-purpose AI/ML solutions of varying sophistication. They will be responsible for understanding the existing machine learning algorithms and data science pipelines within Janssen commercial, and will flex to support individual brands and TAs with their data science, engineering, and operational excellence needs in response to and accordance with the changing business needs.
Key partnerships include all Janssen NA Pharm businesses including JET Operations, advanced analytics, data sciences and data engineering, sales, marketing, Commercial Excellence, business technology teams.
Key Responsibilities :
- Collaborate and coordinate within a heavily matrixed environment across TA, AA, DE, and DE partners and Operations and other supporting teams to ensure timely development and deployment of AI/ML solutions
- Provide leadership in effectively addressing obstacles to ensure data driven prioritization of AI/ML solutions in Janssen commercial
- Assist the leaders in the DS, DE and AA team in managing the releases together with the Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs) to ensure timely delivery and continuous innovation
- Support the TA teams in eliciting requirements to advance AI products while ensuring coordination, standardization, and visibility across TAs
- Support the TA teams in eliciting requirements to advance JET while ensuring coordination, standardization, and visibility across TAs.
Required Minimum Education :
B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or equivalent field. MS / MBA preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience in analytics, management consulting, project management or equivalent field is required (commercial experience preferred)
- Experience with AI/ML enabled digital product development in a commercial, medical affairs, scientific affairs and/or R&D environment is required
- Experience in applying AI/ML, quantitative methods, predictive modeling and other analytics frameworks and techniques is strongly preferred
- Experience leading / working with teams in an Agile setting is required
- Ability to translate business questions into fit-for-purpose analytical solutions, and interpret outcomes of data science models into meaningful business insights and actionable recommendations is required
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning platforms/environments (Dataiku, AWS) and cloud-centric technical and big data toolkit (Spark and Redshift) is required
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story is required
- Experience influencing and facilitating effective internal communications and collaborations in a matrixed and fast-paced environment is required
- Strong partnering skills and technical domain know-how to successfully lead, engage and influence colleagues is required
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise in developing closed loop digital products and platforms is highly preferred
- Experience in working with a team of data scientists and software developers to ensure timely development and adoption of data science solutions is required
- Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas while embracing change is required
- This position will require up to 10% travel domestically.
- The anticipated base pay for this position is $111K to $167K USD.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.