Associate Director Dissolution Sciences
Dissolution Sciences is part of the Global Analytical Development Synthetics organization within the Therapeutics Development & Supply (TDS) department. We develop dissolution and in vitro release methods for immediate, modified, and targeted release formulations for oral, parenteral, and other administration routes. We investigate, characterize, and predict in vitro release rates in standard and biorelevant dissolution media. We validate and transfer dissolution methods, and we investigate deviating dissolution profiles to improve our methods and drug products.
The position will be performed out of the Beerse Campus in Belgium.
Come join our team as Associate Director! Lead a team of dissolution scientists and develop the dissolution sciences strategy for several drug product development projects.
The successful candidate
- Leads, develops, and motivates a team of dissolution scientists.
- Represents Dissolution Sciences in cross-functional teams consisting of pharmaceutical, clinical, and regulatory scientists to support drug product development.
- Leads the biopharmaceutical assessment strategy to predict in vivo exposure and deliver clinically relevant dissolution and in vitro release methods and specifications.
- Deepens the understanding of in vitro release mechanisms in various dissolution media.
- Interacts with Health Authorities and the scientific community and stays at the forefront of the scientific and regulatory trends in Dissolution Sciences.
- Introduces innovations in dissolution development, dissolution automation, and dissolution modeling to our department.
Education & Experience
- PhD or MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in dissolution sciences, biopharmaceutics, or formulation development
- Proven track record at a major pharmaceutical company
- Proven experience with local delivery formulations, long-acting formulations, dissolution modeling, and/or clinically relevant dissolution methods
Competencies & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Health Authority regulations regarding dissolution methods, formulation bridging strategies, and in vivo in vitro correlations.
- Experience as people leader or as scientific mentor
- Proven ability to perform research and development in a GMP environment
- Track record of working collaboratively with global academic and corporate partners.
- Strong scientific problem solver who is open to new insights and other perspectives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and initiate changes.
- Proficient written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Dutch or willing to learn the basics.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.