Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T Flow Method Development
Janssen Research and Development, LLC develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyle of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders and reproductive medicine.
The Biotherapeutics Development - Analytical Development (BioTD - AD) group is recruiting a highly energetic and collaborative senior associate scientist to join our CAR-T analytical development team.
- Supporting CAR-T product development, serving as an analytical technical expert for multi-color flow cytometry and cytokine profiling.
- Leading methods development, qualification, validation, and transfer activities, writing protocols, reports, and performing and coordinating testing to support manufacturing process development, process validations, and manufacturing investigations.
- Effectively communicate scientific data and results across technical teams, project teams, and to the health authority as needed.
- Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timelines and objectives.
- Occasional weekend and shift work may be required.
- Master’s degree in biology, immunology, or other relevant scientific field with at least 2 years of relevant experience or Bachelor of Science degree, with at least 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have extensive experience in multi-color flow cytometry including panel design, panel testing/optimization and troubleshooting is required.
- Experience with combination of some of the following techniques, including ELISA, qPCR, cell culture, cell-based potency assays, or plate-based biochemical assays is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with CAR-T or other cell and gene therapy products is preferred.
- Highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects independently is required.
- Ability to communicate project results, findings and data to management in a clear and timely fashion is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to work in a cross-functional customer-focused environment is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.