KDC Spring Co-op 2024
Process Excellence Co-Op - San Angelo TX
Performs complex technical work including the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
o Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
o Follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices
o Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
o Provides technical support for project planning, development, implementation, and modification; contributes extensively to engineering standards development balancing corporate and customer needs.
o Exercises independent judgment on some details of work.
o Performs assignments that have complex objectives and require the investigation of multiple variables.
o Performs work which involves complex conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with highly complex features for which there may be no precedents.
o Assignments usually include several of the following: equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation.
o Performs other duties assigned as needed
· Demonstrates some understanding of common engineering analysis tools such as statistical process control (which are applied in conjunction with continuous improvement principles).
· Demonstrates some awareness of other engineering specialties and upstream stakeholders, including Quality Engineering and New Product Introduction teams.
· Demonstrates understanding of health and safety requirements.
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of equipment effectiveness and manufacturing & maintenance excellence concepts (OEE, SOL, etc.).
· Demonstrates understanding of the need for cost management and its importance for customers and consumers.
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of product costs (i.e. COGS), Design to Value concepts, and key levers that impact improvement or degradation in cost performance
· Is able to deliver oral and written communications around process improvement projects.
· Communication should show clarity of objectives.
· Demonstrates organized, analytical approach to problem solving.
· Demonstrates developed verbal and written communication skills
· Shows decision making and problem solving skills
· Lean/Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
Company management reserves the right to add, delete or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.