Director, Evidence Generation Centre and Strategic Alliances
Janssen Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, is currently recruiting for a Director, Evidence Generation Centre and Strategic Alliances. The position will be located in Toronto, ON Canada.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Director, Evidence Generation Centre and Strategic Alliances. oversees and is accountable for the Integrated Evidence Generation planning process (IEGP), the RWE strategy and oversight of the Operations and Methods team that support evidence generation. This role also has oversight of RWE partnerships or alliances and ensures strategic alignment with the business.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. IEGP oversight and operations
- Accountable to work across multiple therapeutic areas and ensure the clinical and operational implementation of all evidence generation activities at Janssen Canada including real world evidence (RWE).
- Oversight of the IEGP process including collaboration with regional and global IEGP teams, identification and implementation of all relevant platforms
- In collaboration with IEGP leads, ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies, and quality of models & tools developed for business partners
- Liaise with Global Development (Medical Affairs Operations) to execute evidence generation projects in alignment with internal processes and procedures & ensure adequate resource allocation for evidence generation programs.
2. Leadership of RWE strategy and partnering on RWE policy development
- Works across NA Pharmaceuticals and Janssen Global to establish leadership in RWE and shape the broader RWE strategy
- Build and foster external relationships with thought leaders and research partners
- Become a recognized expert in the strategy and execution of RWE and partner closely with Regulatory Affairs, Access and Government Affairs to address RWE related policy issues with Health Canada, CADTH and other external stakeholders
- Leads the development and maintenance of RWE partnerships or alliances for Janssen Canada and ensures their alignment to business strategy
3. Innovation and Development of organizational capabilities in evidence generation and RWE
- Identifies and taps into innovative opportunities in evidence generation and RWE for Janssen Canada
- Leads introduction of new RWE capabilities to Janssen Canada including training on methods and deployment of new tools
4. Team leadership of research operations, methods, strategic alliances and policy
- Build and inspire a high performing team to champion the organizational goal of excellence in evidence generation and RWE
- Chairs the evidence review committee and is responsible for all related processes and procedures
- Develop and deploy the valuation framework for use by IEGP leads to assess impact of projects
- Identify important risks and opportunities, and transparently communicates them to senior management
- Develops annual business plan budget, presents to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manages budgeted funds appropriately
- A minimum of a Master’s degree is required. PhD is preferred
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience is required
- A minimum of 5+ years of people management experience
- Expertise in healthcare industry, clinical knowledge or practice across multiple therapeutic areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in conducting Real World Evidence studies, including data analysis, modeling and statistics
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple and complex programs, and effectively perform in a matrix environment.
- Demonstration of competencies for creativity, problem-solving, and innovative solutions desired.
- Flexible self-starter with excellent networking skills and proven ability to build and motivate a diverse team.
- Strong understanding of drug development process and regulatory standards for approval and communication of data.
- Strong understanding of Canadian health care system and uses of evidence-based medicine for health-related decision-making.
- Excellent leadership skills, collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation).
- The role may require 10% travel business travel
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees can achieve their potential.