Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, is hiring for an Instrumentation Technician at our Athens, GA location!
At Janssen, we never stop working toward a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and you can count on us to keep working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere, by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Visit us: www.janssen.com
Benefits you will enjoy starting your first day:
• Competitive pay based on experience, plus an annual performance bonus.
• Full medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive 401k, HSA/FSA, and company paid Pension plan.
• 120 hours paid vacation, plus 40 hours paid sick leave and an additional 40 hours paid personal leave.
• 2/2/3 schedule with a 3-day weekend every other week.
• Tuition Reimbursement for eligible degree programs.
Are you interested in joining a team that is positively impacting patients' lives by ensuring high quality in our pharmaceutical products? Apply today for this exciting role!
As an Instrumentation Technician , you will:
Work in a regulated environment and carry out duties in compliance with all company and site policies in addition to state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA. This person sometimes works under hazardous conditions including strenuous exertion and chemical handling. This individual also understands the environmental impact of the work performed and therefore records and calls out environmental problems.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Calibrating, installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, and rebuilding measuring and control devices in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
• Operating electronic test equipment such as digital and analog multimeter, and analog and digital simulators.
• Effectively work from prints, P & IDs and loop diagrams, and computer systems to troubleshoot instrument system malfunctions and make the vital repairs or corrections.
• Repairing, replacing, and installing equipment in an explosion proof environment.
• Work from drawings and sketches to fabricate minor components for production equipment using basic machine shop equipment.
• Perform minor plumbing and electrical conduit functions (measure, cut, thread, and hang pipe or tubing)
• Perform other duties as assigned by site leadership.
Basic Required Qualifications:
• A minimum of a Vocational, Certificate, Technical or Associates or higher is required.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience is required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and technical procedure manuals including the National Electric Code is required.
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems with instrumentation is required.
• Apply Basic algebra and geometry skills is required.
• Lift at least 50 lbs.; work from heights of 30 ft; and on occasion work in confined spaces with supplied air is required.
• Available and willing to work overtime as assigned and on an emergency, basis is required.
• Available and willing to work a rotating 4/10 schedule of 6:00am-5:00pm Monday – Thursday and Tuesday - Friday.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use.