Sr Algorithms Engineer, Critical Care
Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
Are you curious about the next generation of innovative heart pumps – pumps that are smaller, smarter, and connected? Are you fascinated by the advanced hemodynamic monitoring used to manage those pumps? Do you want to build the future of the cardiac ICU in pursuit of our mission to “Recover Hearts and Save Lives”? If yes, we are definitely looking for you!
At Abiomed, we’re building the next generation of advanced mechanical circulatory support – devices that are smarter and more connected with the growing healthcare data ecosystem. We believe that best-in-class devices are built at the system-level, knowing how they support patients and how those patients are managed from diagnosis to discharge. We believe that our leaders do best when they know the unmet clinical needs of our users and our patients and they have the technical strength to find, build, and deliver a solution for that need.
We are currently hiring for an Algorithm Engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing a new generation of advanced signal processing algorithms used in Abiomed's family of Impella heart pumps. These new algorithms will play a central role in the pursuit of Abiomed's mission of recovering hearts and saving lives. We are looking for a creative self-starter who welcomes ambitious challenges and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Design robust yet lightweight algorithms to process physiological signals in real-time
- Evaluate algorithm performance in offline (in silico) and live (in vitro, in vivo) environments
- Collaborate with software teams to implement algorithms on embedded hardware
- Work with data scientists to create and deploy advanced machine learning algorithms
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models
- Maintain concise descriptions of algorithm design specifications and performance evaluations
- Perform variability analyses and error stack-up simulations to inform algorithm features
- Interpret and align algorithm specifications to industry performance standards
- Conduct independent quantitative and qualitative research in new signal processing features
- Communicate algorithm designs and performance results to cross-functional stakeholders
- MS in computer science, mathematics, or an engineering field, or equivalent work experience; PhD preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience in time- and frequency-domain digital signal processing algorithm development for medical device industry
- Modeling and analyzing large data sets using Python, MATLAB or equivalent tools
- Familiarity with C/C++ real-time programming or equivalent tools
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time to meet with customers to gather user needs and assess product performance
- Superb communication and collaboration skills – comfortable operating within and outside a core team and presenting progress to company leadership
- Demonstrated excellence of analytical thinking in one or more technical fields
- Self-motivated and good team player
- Willing to learn and explore new technologies
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage several concurrent projects
Applicants must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with an FDA approved or authorized vaccine for COVID-19 or have a valid medical/religious exemption
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.