Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives . With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Clinical Trainer will serve as a clinical and product expert, focusing on the planning, delivery, and monitoring of training programs and certification to our field-based support team, both full- and part-time. The primary goal of the Clinical Trainer is to ensure that new members of the field team progress along the projected certification pathway consistent with company standards and that they perform at the highest levels of proficiency, assuring safe and effective application of our products, up to and including certification exam administration. Additional jobresponsibilities will include conducting trainings for corporate-based company employees, creating and implementing continuing clinical education and product training for the field-based support team, and assisting with customer activities in the field. Travel is required for some trainings and field activities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct trainings, both virtual and in-person for new field employees throughout a multi-month onboarding process focusing on Abiomed products as well as clinical and commercial core knowledge•Lead in evaluating the field-based patient support team in the training and competency requirements for Abiomed employees who support cases and train customers
· Execute testing and certification processes for new field employees
· Participate in the Train-the-Trainer process and to act as a best-practices coach to Abiomed field team members
· Contribute to the design and improvement of the training and certification programs•Improve patient outcomes by ensuring the field team is properly trained and prepared to support patients on Abiomed products
· Create clinical and product content, processes, programs, curricula, and trainings to align with business objectives
· Assist with customer-facing educational activities
· Nursing (BSN) or clinical/technical (radiology, CVT, perfusion, respiratory) degree required
· Cardiology experience required (ICU/CCU/CVICU, Cath Lab, CVOR, EP, etc.)
· Extensive experience with Impella heart pumps required
· Must possess a passion for training and education and be recognized as a “clinical expert”
· Previous education or preceptor experience preferred including classroom-based (in-person and/or virtual), field-based, and/or simulation-based teaching expertise
· Instructional design and curriculum development experience preferred
· Must have strong project management and leadership skills
· Must have strong time management and organizational skills including attention to detail
· Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
· Must have strong interpersonal, coaching, and motivational skills
· Must be self-reliant; takes initiative, results-oriented, open-minded, and approachable
· Ability to influence all levels of management and employees
· Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written)
· Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, procedures, and evaluation criteria
· Requires approximately 50% travel, primarily (but not limited to) the Boston area
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is [[salaryMin]] - [[salaryMax]] . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.