Vein to Vein Planner CAR-T
CAR-T is an advanced therapy that uses the patient's own immune system to fight the disease. The patient's T-cells are genetically modified to eliminate cancer cells. This cutting-edge, innovative technology offers a hopeful outlook to patients for whom other therapies have no or insufficient effect.
The Vein-to-Vein team is a global team that supports the patient journey of cell therapies from a planning & logistics point of view. We are organized globally with regional sub teams. We partner with many internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely, fast & compliant movement of patient cells across the different supply chain nodes. As new manufacturing facilities are being developed in Ghent, this is the location where we are looking to increase our team presence.
Key to this role will be supporting logistics and planning, enabling the compliance to Chain of Custody (CoC) and Chain of Identity (CoI) for this product, coordination of scheduling, management of material arrival and departure and communication of issues. As we are building capabilities to automate processes & ensure optimal customer experience towards the treatment sites, this role will be part of that development and support testing & roll-out. Critical to commercialization for launch will be the certification of treatment sites which this role will support by training them on receipt/storage/shipment, master data setup and completion of Logistics Test Runs (LTRs). Additionally, this role will remain the main supply chain contact for a grouping of treatment sites in collaboration with the CTAL & CTC commercial roles to ensure a positive experience within the patient journey.
- Supply chain point of contact towards treatment sites and commercial teams of a certain country/region from a logistics & planning point of view
- Lead treatment site certification efforts (eg. train hospital staff, logistics test run)
- Coordinate supply chain launch efforts for a country commercialization
- Coordinate in and outbound of patient material across the V2V supply chain for EMEA patients and communicate with courier base
- Coordination with internal warehouses, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers to support smooth patient journeys
- Ensure execution of COC/COI requirements both in the manual as automated processes for both clinical and commercial business
- Support the planning of our operations & capacity management by scheduling and communicating cryopreservation and manufacturing slots
- Develop SOPs / WI as needed while working on process flow improvement
- Support design, build, testing (UAT) and roll-out of new capabilities
- Development and tracking of metrics
- Other duties will be assigned, as necessary
- Master’s in Engineering or Supply chain
- 2-10 years working experience
- Keen on learning new things and shaping new processes
- Comfortable to work in a global and ambiguous setting that is in flux
- Effective communication skills (candid, concise, active listening)
- Constant drive for improvement and innovation
- Positive can-do mindset when dealing with challenges
- Strong self-awareness & open for giving/receiving feedback