Senior Associate Scientist, Particle Analytics
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Particle Analytics, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This Senior Associate Scientist position in Biologics Drug Product Development & Delivery will be a lab-based role, responsible for experimental studies in pre-formulation, formulation, and analytical development of therapeutic proteins including monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), bispecifics, and fusion proteins. The candidate will work independently and with appropriate teams to support project needs and meet project deliverables. This includes execution of studies to support formulation development and biophysical characterization across the portfolio.
- B.S. in an appropriate scientific discipline with at least 6 years of related laboratory experience OR an M.S. with at least 3 years laboratory experience is required
- Demonstrated experience with therapeutic proteins and/or biologic products
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP and GMP requirements
- Experience with characterization of biological molecules and development of analytical methodologies for characterization of drug product attributes.
- Expertise in biochemical, biophysical and/or analytical methodologies such as HPLC, spectroscopy (e.g. UV, IR, Raman), light scattering (e.g. SLS, DLS), particle analyzers (e.g. MFI, HIAC), and separation methods (e.g. CEX, cIEF, HIC)
- Collect, analyze, document and interpret data as appropriate. Communicate data and data trends within the team and with functional leadership.
· Ability to design and execute studies related to protein formulation and stability.
- Use scientific literature to understand protein behavior and/or support development challenges
- Author technical reports and make presentations of technical data
- Ability to identify protein liabilities and correlate protein behavior to data.
- Capable of onboarding new techniques related to separations and/or particle characterization.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.