R&D Co-Op- Quality Engineering Spring 2024
Johnson & Johnson is made up of two key pillars: Pharmaceuticals, and MedTech. Here at MedTech, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using technology to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, and trocars—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
About the Role
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. is recruiting for a Quality Engineering Co-op for the Spring 2024 term from early January - late April.
As a Co-op in the Quality Engineering organization, you will have the chance to:
- Create and update risk management documents like FMEAs in order to drive product requirements
- Develop technical writing skills by authoring Quality Plans with external manufacturers or Competitive Complaint Analyses
- Perform testing, experimentation, verification, and validation to support product design.
- Lead the development of laboratory testing, interpreting data results, and recommending next steps
- Learn and perform various statistical analysis techniques.
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills.
- Take advantage of training courses offered on-site.
The Quality Engineering Co-op:
- Will work in New Product Development/R&D, Lifecycle/Sustaining, or the Quality Systems group.
- Will work with a diverse team of Design Engineers, Development Engineers, Quality Engineers, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Clinical.
- Will report directly to, and receive assignments from, the team Quality Engineer, while also working with the broader team for additional assignments.
- Will participate in and/or lead on-campus activities such as learning committees, volunteer events, and meet and greet luncheons with full time associates.
Co-ops are hired on a per-term basis, but availability for multiple rotations is desired. Students may be invited to return depending on their performance. If brought back for multiple rotations, responsibilities will increase with each rotation as experience is gained by returning to school.
The Quality Engineering Co-op program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. We offer a competitive wage (dependent on year in school) housing assistance or a housing stipend for non-local students (outside of a 50-mile range from our campus).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited College/University pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the below or a related field:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer / Software Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Must have completed two semesters in school by the start of the co-op.
- Candidates must be familiar with basic statistics concepts/terminology
- If not in an engineering application- other roles are acceptable (i.e. budget management from a club, or any experience working with numbers)
- Availability to work Full-time., 40 hours per week from early January to late April 2024
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.00.
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Advanced familiarity with statistics concepts/terminology (either from previous co-ops or classwork)
- Previous quality engineering related experiences.
- Knowledge of FDA or regulatory guidance.
- Medical related experience (previous co-op at medical device company, working volunteering at a hospital, etc.).
- Understanding of risk management.
- Failure analysis/root cause understanding.
- Experience with statistics software (e.g. Minitab, Weibull/Reliasoft, SAS, etc.).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJCoop #JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment