Maintenance Technician II
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician II (second shift) in Raynham, MA.
At DePuy Synthes, our mission is to keep people moving through innovations in orthopaedic surgery, support and education for providers, and a dedication to improving diversity, inclusivity, and equality throughout the healthcare system.
With new advancements in orthopaedic devices, medical technology, and digital surgery across the continuum of care, we are proud to provide surgeons with solutions as diverse as their patients.
The Maintenance Technician II perform maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and supports all aspects of Orthopedics’ production maintenance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is not meant as an all-inclusive list but as a top-level list of duties that this person generally completes. It is also understood that an associate may receive special projects outside of this list.
- Maintain and repair CNC machining equipment, CNC lathes, Multivac packaging machines, atlas vac sealing equipment, metal melting furnace, shell-mold casting process equipment, automation robots, and water purification systems.
- Prioritize work orders and emergency repairs based on equipment criticality and operational needs.
- Document all maintenance-related activities in eCMMS-Maximo. Support Operations and Engineering in meeting production goals and ensuring product quality and equipment output are maintained.
- Responsible for compliance with all company safety, health, environmental, and quality policies.
- Recycling Room Management and Housekeeping. Coordinating pickups, loading materials, and paperwork for Oil, Wax, Plastic, and Metal recycling activities.
- Dust collectors pad housekeeping, waste handling, and recycling pickup.
- Waste Oil management and hazardous waste disposal pickup.
- Adding, removing, and disposal of production chemicals, oils, and solvents.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Technical or vocational training in machining operations and/or electrical/electronic is preferred.
- At least 2 years of related equipment maintenance experience and/or training is preferred.
- Ability to work in an ISO Class 8 Clean Room environment requiring gowning.
- Clean room experience is a plus.
- Basic Computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer) are required.
- Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills are required.
- The ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics is required.
- Must be able to supply own hand tools/rollaway toolbox (i.e., screwdrivers, socket wrenches, ratchets, etc.).
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to support multiple teams including Quality, Operations & Engineering.
- The ability to lift heavy loads. Stand and/or walk more than 90% of the time and perform twisting and turning activities in a manufacturing/machine shop environment if required.
- Must be able to work at the Manufacturing Site from 2:00 PM to 10:30 pm, Monday - Friday (Second Shift), and work overtime as required to support manufacturing operations.
- Must be able to be On Call for a week every other month as required to support 24/7 manufacturing operations.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .