Associate Clinical Consultant - Scranton
Abiomed, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Associate Clinical Consultant , to be in Scranton, PA territory.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
ABIOMED is redefining team-driven success while reshaping heart recovery. Here, new ideas are welcomed and encouraged, learning is constant, and our dynamic setting enables positive people to do profoundly important work.
In this role as an Associate Clinical Consultant, you will be responsible for demonstrating the value and impact of our Impella® product portfolio to physicians and hospital staff. You will advise Interventional Cardiologists and Surgeons in patient selection, partner on training, and attend implants. As a key role on the Commercial team, you will acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications. You will provide comprehensive guidance on the appropriate use of the Impella® devices enabling physicians and staff to deliver positive patient outcomes.
- Improve patient outcomes through education and medical staff interaction, including clinical demos and ongoing training for new and existing accounts
- Collect clinically relevant data, document trip results, and communicate activities with other team members and sales counterparts.
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications.
- Attend implants and consult physicians and medical staff on appropriate use and applications
- Collaborate with sales counterpart on awareness programs and activities in franchise.
- 2+ years as an RN in a Cath Lab or ICU; or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Tech patient support in an ICU is required
Experience and Skills:
- Availability for emergent patient care
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry
- Hands on Impella support experience
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to advocate with physicians
- Experience as an Abiomed per diem
- ECMO experience
- Experience delivering clinical training
- RN License
- Industry field based experience
- This position requires you to be on call
- This position requires the ability to travel up to 50% within the territory
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .