BioAdvance Access & Affordability Manager - Janssen-Ortho Inc.
Janssen Canada Inc. is recruiting for an Access & Affordability Manager, BioAdvance, located in Toronto, Ontario.
The position is responsible for providing sophisticated support for complex reimbursement issues that are escalated by the BioAdvance Coordinators and/or BioAdvance Regional Managers. The position acts as a coach and mentor for BioAdvance colleagues regarding the evolving reimbursement landscape and industry trends. Develops and updates reimbursement support materials/tools as needed to ensure standardized and efficient approaches to reimbursement. The role has oversight and management of the BioAdvance compassionate use and financial assistance (co-pay) programs. The role is very dynamic requiring agility and sound knowledge of both the Public and Private payor systems in Canada, and supports the Oncology and Immunology product portfolios.
- Lead all aspects of the provision of sophisticated support for advanced complex reimbursement issues, including research regarding eligibility, coverage and payer criteria.
- Partner with the appropriate payer and the Janssen Access team (as appropriate) to actively resolve complex reimbursement issues
- Drive efficient standardization across the Reimbursement Centre of Excellence and the BioAdvance field team, through best practice sharing, development of S.O.P.s, templates, process maps, and metric maintenance.
- Partner with the Manager, BioAdvance Professional Development to ensure BioAdvance Regional Managers and BACs are knowledgeable with new standards, SOPs, renewals, etc.
- Act as a coach and mentor for the BACs and BioAdvance Regional Managers regarding the evolving reimbursement landscape. Share best in class methodologies to ensure standardized and efficient approaches to problem resolution.
- Manage the BioAdvance compassionate use and financial assistance programs for Immunology and Oncology portfolios, enabling strong reporting and tracking of activities to measure and monitor utilization of the programs. Seek out opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies in these programs enabling compliant turnaround of such requests and expeditious patient care.
- Track overall reimbursement metrics to facilitate effective collaboration and partnering with Access to signal and where required, resolution, to:
- Define and escalate identified trends eg. Tiering, appeal denials, etc.
- Share discrepancies in application of reimbursement by the related jurisdictions
- Utilization of compassionate and financial assistance programs and changes thereto
- Providing strong leadership and direction to a team of 4 Reimbursement Analysts, with a focus on employee engagement and talent development
- Undergraduate in Science or Business required, MBA an asset
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in patient support roles, leading and securing reimbursement for pharmaceutical products (biologic and Oncology preferred). eg. Insurance company, pharmacy, healthcare related experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years people management experience
- Problem solving expertise – insight driven with a focus on innovative solutions
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Deep analytical skills combined with the ability to see the “big picture”
- Demonstrated customer focus and the ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships
- Proven track record to lead and work collaboratively both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong capabilities in negotiating & influencing without authority
- Bilingual in English/French would be an asset
- Some national travel will be required (5%)
- Office based position
- Computer work
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .