Scientist, Translational DMPK Sciences
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Translational DMPK Sciences located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are looking for a Scientist in the department of Translational Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics and Investigative Toxicology (TPPIT) to support (small molecule) drug discovery and development programs. Specifically, you will work on in vitro mechanistic drug metabolizing enzyme and/or transporter assays to understand clearance pathways of drugs and to assess risk for drug-drug interactions from early discovery through to the clinic. The main part of your responsibilities will be to contribute to the establishment of new assay capabilities and to generate and interpret in vitro data.
We are a highly motivated team, and our laboratories are innovative. As part of the global In Vitro and Translational Sciences community within TPPIT, you will have access to a large arsenal of tools and the fast expertise of colleagues at our various research sites in the US and Belgium.
- M.S. degree with 4+ years of experience or PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology with emphasis on enzymology and/or cell biology.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in cell culture and characterization of recombinant cell lines and/or primary cells such as hepatocytes is required.
- Hands-on experience in the characterization of (drug metabolizing) enzymes and/or transporters is required.
- Ability to independently design, conduct, report and document experiments is required.
- Strong contributor to the team with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communication skills are required.
- Experience in quantitative mass spectrometry is preferred.
- Interest/knowledge in DMPK relevant areas such as pharmacokinetics, phenotyping of drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.