Lead Engineer (Full Stack)
Position Title: Lead, Full Stack Engineer
Are you passionate about working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, exciting, and highly collaborative environment passionate about delivering class-defining engineering innovations worldwide? Are you highly motivated and striving to make an impact? We invite you to learn more about the Technology Services Commercial team in ASPAC and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies! Our products touch the lives of millions of patients every year and you can be part of a growing organization that is passionate about providing exciting opportunities for employees to grow their knowledge, skills, and experiences to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our investment in people, technology and innovation make us one of the best places to work, within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
We are currently seeking a digital-focused Full Stack Lead to join our team. This position is a hands-on technical leadership role responsible for engineering digital healthcare solutions. We collaborate to develop, craft and deliver high-quality business applications with Agile development rooted in Lean principles. It is an inclusive, and creative environment with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement. You will be partnering with all our business sectors enabling the future of healthcare in the digital world.
- Work closely with wider architecture teams within J&J technology to suggest/sponsor candidate reference architecture and reference implementations
- Contribute to the architectural review and analysis at the context, container, component and code level, across the full stack.
- Design architecture and systems utilizing an API-first and mobile-first approach
- In partnership with full-stack engineering teams, establish, maintain, and mentor teams on methodologies for building and operating highly scalable & reliable services
- Contribute to the team as a hands-on full-stack developer where required, with the dual goal of delivering value increments, and uplifting the team's capabilities
- Coach and mentor J&J developers on modern development and service delivery techniques
Preferred Experiences and Qualifications:
- Tertiary education in the fields related to Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Over 5 years of hands-on full-stack software development & delivery experience (with at least 1 years in a technical leadership position in a product-led organisation)
- Experience in crafting and implementing API-based solutions using Cloud native platforms, for solutions that need to operate at scale
- Strong understanding of Agile and Lean software development principles and values with proven experience working in a product or platform teams
- Up-to-date understanding of modern software development & service delivery techniques (E.g. Software craftmanship, BDD, TDD, Clean Code & etc).
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment, and has worked in teams that has the ability to deploy to a production-like environment multiple times per day
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) is required
- Ability to interact and influence across organisational hierarchies
- Experienced in working with diverse teams that are composed of team members from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other technology professionals
- A successful candidate value collaboration and will have a high level of self-awareness, resourcefulness, and resilience.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.