JR Multislide Operator
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Jr. Multislide operator located in Cornelia, GA.
For over 100 years, Ethicon has stood side by side with healthcare professionals around the world, sharing the same passion to improve and save lives. From the creation of the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, we are committed to advancing surgical care so that patients live longer, more fulfilling lives. Our surgical technologies and solutions include sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats along with interventional ablation, robotics and digital solutions. We are part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech. Learn more about our company, products, procedure solutions, and latest advancements at www.Ethicon.com .
The Jr. Multislide operator is responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
Safely and efficiently execute daily tasks related to needle making in an FDA regulated environment. Typical tasks include set up, operation, minor troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Bihler Multislide equipment, inspection of product, and raw material handling.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
· Operates production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products.
· Interprets instructions and specifications and uses to set up equipment.
· Checks products on assembly line to confirm that they are properly assembled and removes defective products.
· Notifies supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment.
· Troubleshoots minor production problems.
· Compiles records and reports on quality inspection results.
· Cleans, maintains and performs minor repairs on equipment as needed.
· Prepares accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, and special projects.
· Reports and documents unresolved production problems.
· Trained and certified in at least 1 Machine Op function above (Cardio cell, PS cell, Large General cell, or Driller cell)
· Ability to explain CIM screens and input all data into the CIM system.
· Ability to name all workstations and explain what each does, name all tooling inserts and give an explanation of what each does, explain where the inserts go in the machine, and what characteristic on the needle the insert effects.
· Lubricate the machine - know what lubricants to use, and how the machine should be lubricated
· Read a needle specification, know where the measurements are on the needle, how to measure the dimensions, and explain the measurements.
· Use micrometers, verniers, gauge blocks, and profile projector to achieve department requirements and keep company equipment and tools in good working order. ·
· Maintain a clean work area without having to be constantly reminded. (Tool box, machine wipe down, floor, and storage cabinets).
· Always use specified safety procedures and devices.
· Understand and perform requirements of applicable process specification.
· Modify carbide drills to produce a hole
· Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
· For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all
· Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
· Performs other duties assigned as needed
· Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
· Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
· Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc.) where applicable.
· Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. Compliance Wire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
· Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE's), if applicable
· Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
· Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
· Perform work in a safe manner, as well as, keeping equipment clean and in safe working condition.
· Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
· Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor
· Consistently meet required Training due date targets
· Support Production System by identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems.
· Demonstrates initiative in identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems with the department
· Assist process engineers and facilitators in trouble shooting and process improvement activities.
· Support Plant Diversity Process.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Required: High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent skills, experience, or training.
· Generally, Requires 2-4 Years Work Experience.
· Preferred: Completion of one year vocational, military, or equivalent technical training/experience; including basic electrical/electronics, mechanics, and math such as decimals, percentages, fractions, and tolerances.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS
· Computer and database management skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
· Statistical and analytical problem solving.
· Must have mechanical skills and able to provide documentation of mechanical skills and experience.
· Accurate record keeping.
· Working knowledge of basic hand tools (i.e. screwdrivers, wrenches, snips, cutters) and inspection equipment (i.e. optical comparators, micrometers, microscopes, plug gauges).
· Working knowledge of shop math such as decimals, fractions, and tolerances
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .