GS Procurement Co-Op
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. With over $93 billion in sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and innovative technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota, and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
About our Co-op Program:
- The co-op position is part-time (20 hours per week)
- The Global Services Procurement co-op runs from January through June, with opportunity based on business needs and performance for a subsequent co-op or, if applicable, a full-time job offer.
- This program encompasses functional and professional development, as well as completion of project (s) related to strategic business initiatives. Co-ops may also participate in organized activities and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities.
- Assignment will be located at the J&J corporate office in Tampa, Florida
- Sourcing: Identify suppliers for J&J, negotiate the best value, source for select categories of spend, and integrate and digitize supplier content into the marketplace to meet the needs of our business
- Requisition-to-Pay : Help internal customers manage the cycle of purchase requests and payments, including searching for, requisitioning, purchasing, and paying for goods and services
Responsibilities: Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the co-op might include (but are not limited to):
- Analytics: use data to generate insights, initiate measurement mechanisms and / or track key performance indicators
- Project Management: Lead and support procurement projects and / or community events
- Process Management: develop and detail best practices, processes, and analytics tools
- Operations: learn and implement procurement processes to support procurement operations
- Other Duties and Responsibilities: procurement strategy development and implementation
- Co-op will follow the J&J Flex way of working (three days in office and up to two days remote per week)
- Legally authorized to work in the US and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (ex. H1-B, F-1)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, completing minimum undergraduate sophomore year prior to internship start date
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects while delivering results
- Self-starter who can work independently and contribute to team goals
- Must have strong analytical abilities
- Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated leadership / participation with campus programs and / or service programs is desired
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results
- Relevant course work in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the base of disability.