Supply Chain Director, Strategy, Innovation & Deployment
Role & Responsibilities
The China Supply Chain Strategy, Innovation & Deployment (SI&D) Lead is a critical leadership position, responsible for shaping and developing China end-to-end Supply Chain strategy aligning with China business strategy and global/regional SC strategy, deploying and coordinating transformational initiatives, and overseeing key end-to-end SC projects in China. This position plays a critical role to support China MTSC VP and work with China MT E2E SC leaders in shaping and driving China SC 2030 strategy, which has been identified as a must-win under China Future 2030.
With expertise in End-to-End Supply Chain process improvement, this individual will proactively orchestrate cross-functional resources required for:
· Connect and partner with region/global supply chain SI&D team to provide China input and cascade global/regional supply chain strategy into China
· Orchestrate with China E2E functions (Plan, Source, Make, Delivery, Quality, Regulatory, Channel, Technology, Finance) to capture external market dynamics and business insights, and identify end-to-end opportunities where can accelerate customer experience, business growth, profit improvement, innovation, end-to-end supply reliability and agility (Fewer, Bigger, Better, Faster)
· Lead China SC 2030 strategy program which is one of the key pillars under the China Future 2030 lighthouse, build E2E SC capabilities to enable long term growth aspiration
· Lead/coordinate implementation of transformational initiatives such as new business development and GTM model change
· Develop governance mechanism for China critical end-to-end projects and strategic initiatives. Provide timely update of China top projects to China E2E leaders and region/global SC for visibility and support
· Facilitate China end-to-end supply chain leadership meeting and strategic workshop
This position reports to VP, MedTech Supply Chain, China.
Critical Success Factors
· Demonstrated depth knowledge of healthcare industry, customer/market insight
· Demonstrated depth knowledge of end-to-end supply chain (Plan, Make, Source, Deliver, Quality)
· Effective interdependent and proactive partnering with key stakeholders of China E2E Supply Chain functions and commercial partners, and MT Supply Chain Organization on a regional and global basis.
· Ability to lead with limited authority and provide direction and drive positive change, with end-to-end and enterprise mindset.
· Ability to drive innovation, prioritize and collaborate in a heavily matrixed environment.
· Ability to coach and develop talents, and elevate organizational capabilities.
Experience and key competencies
· Minimum 15 years’ experience in a complex Supply Chain environment and a proven leadership track record in at least 2 of the following functional areas within an international organization: manufacturing, planning, logistics, quality.
· Experience in healthcare / regulatory dependent sector is desirable.
· Demonstrated relevant experience in large scale projects/programs will be advantageous.
· Demonstrated strong collaboration with Regulatory, Quality and other relevant functions to meet customer expectations.
· Proven success in:
– Creating Customer Centric Supply Chain strategies. Gaining commercial and supply chain support and alignment to deliver the strategy.
– Leading and developing high performing cross functional and matrix teams.
– Delivering ‘best in class’ business results through innovative customer focused solutions.
– Driving design to value in new products with measurable results: financial, quality and cycle time
– Creating operational improvement using process excellence tools and leadership.
– Understanding the linkages in supply chain from demand planning through delivery to customer.
– Building interdependent partnerships to optimize value proposition with limited authority.
· Live Our Credo – Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce our Credo.
· Connect – Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
· Shape – Drive innovation, anticipate industry and market changes to advance health care.
· Grow – Create an environment where leadership and talent development is a top priority.
· Undergraduate degree in engineering, business or supply chain disciplines required.
· Graduate degree/studies in science, business, engineering, finance or organizational management or equivalent experience strongly preferred.