HR Payroll Compliance Manager
These professionals will support the overall planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the SOX and non-SOX Compliance programs and activities for the regions in scope and Compliance SLA with the Business Sectors. They will be reporting to the global senior manager on the compliance activities within the function and region.
Expectations for Increased Role Levels
Expected to provide compliance oversight and manage team (e.g. Bands 24-26’s) within the regional hubs for the compliance organization. Responsible for risk management while driving standardization across the region as cascaded by the global directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
Effective Risk Management execution through minimization of financial and operational risks associated with the internal control environment, along with the design and implementation of internal controls by providing recommendations for continuous process and control improvements. This includes:
- Oversee execution of due diligence reviews to ensure successful transition of key control activities to Global Services centers in accordance with the three-tier end state model.
- Managing audit support successfully through strong partnerships with business HR and Payroll, internal audit team, and external auditors to ensure control standards are upheld. This includes coordination of internal and/or external audits and advising remediation efforts for exceptions identified.
- Advise and consult business process owners on control requirement expectations and related execution across HR and Payroll to create and maintain a strong internal control environment across all Management Reporting Companies (“MRC’s”) supported by Global Services. This includes Support new system implementations and system enhancements.
- Develop and provide ongoing robust compliance training/updates to all levels of HR and Payroll personnel (including VP’s). Share best practices and recommending new and more efficient ways of meeting our SOX compliance requirements.
- Oversight of corrective action plans and driving to closure with HR and Payroll management. Interface with various levels of management to drive the standardization of key controls/ processes/ documentation and keeping management informed of compliance-related risks and opportunities.
- Participate and deliver on global compliance projects and/or initiatives (e.g. Global Payroll Vendor Project, Global Desktop Procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures, HR Data Validation, etc.)
- Partner with the extended Global Compliance Team in driving consistency and standardization of controls and processes as it relates to J&J’s end state model.
- Train and lead team of Leads, Seniors, and Staff through formal mentoring, feedback and training to ensure proper development and succession within J&J. This requires the ability to communicate effectively as certain team members will be based in various locations.
- Perform other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally Requires 8-10 Years Work Experience with at least 2-3 years experience in financial compliance or audit roles
- People management experience strongly preferred.
- Relevant professional certification(s) strongly preferred (i.e. CPP, CPA, CIA, etc.)