Lead Analyst SCG Insights and Analytics
Johnson & Johnson MedTech (previously Medical Devices), a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Lead Analyst, Insights & Analytics – SCG to be located in Raritan, NJ preferred or Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson MedTech includes a broad portfolio of products across key platforms like Electrophysiology (Biosense Webster), Heart Recovery (Abiomed), Orthopedics (Depuy Synthes) in support of Hips, Knees, Trauma, Spine, Sports & Other, and the Surgery portfolio, which includes advanced and general surgery offerings (Ethicon). Johnson & Johnson MedTech is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
The Lead Analyst will partner with the MedTech Customer Management organization to support analytics, including but not limited to Account Management, marketing, finance, pricing strategy and contract execution and ad-hoc data analytics. The position will also work on activities that are related to pushing the MedTech initiatives. This role’s priorities include creating, leading, and implementing process improvements, partnering across Sales, Marketing and Finance to drive key KPIs and advanced analytics and insights in support of SCG priorities. This position will also closely collaborate across Commercial Operations, Information Technology functions (Data, Governance, Analytics) and other work streams to ensure data alignment, consistent reporting, and a focus on improving and building out new capabilities. This role will communicate and drive insights while methodically tracking investigations to uncover broader trends, with the goal of improving time for Senior Sales Leaders and to grow their effectiveness & efficiency in day-to-day operations. You will collaborate with the U.S. Commercial Leadership Team to understand, address and present solutions to issues.
- Identify and uncover unmet organizational needs and lead the execution of our commercial analytic solutions for internal and external customers
- Partner with SCG account management regions to identify key insights and trends.
- Participate in calls with the region to understand current market conditions.
- Proactively find opportunities for business performance improvements and collaborate effectively with other functions, finance, marketing, IT, etc.
- Act as a change agent for critical sales initiatives and represent key Commercial Operations initiatives for Customer Management
- Develop and support innovative approaches to improving operating efficiency by eliminating redundant steps and automating manual work as appropriate
- Strong Project Management experience collaborating with various business partners including Marketing, Field Sales Organization, IT, Commercial Strategies (aka CRM), Finance, etc.
- Working with Commercial Strategies (aka CRM) to develop reporting strategies in a two-way dialog, understanding the business reporting and analytics strategy where Commercial Insights and Analytics can help translate the needs/strategy and gain alignment
- Drive intuitive user-friendly reporting (reports and solutions) across the business through partnering with internal partners, ensuring an environment for success exists.
- Continually evaluating the organization’s ability to deliver value on reporting and insights and create & deliver business value recommendations for change where applicable
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of business experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in finance, marketing, analytics, or data analysis
- A proven track record of working in a complex environment that requires a high degree of collaboration, and at times, managing and leading without authority as needed
- With supervision, ability to understand, integrate, and translate multiple data sources into actionable insights to drive decision-making
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership
- Experience conducting formal and ad-hoc presentations to cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate data visualization techniques (e.g., Tableau or Qlik)
- Ability to demonstrate data analysis techniques (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Python, or R)
- The preferred location for this position is Raritan, NJ. This position may also be based in Cincinnati, OH
- This may require up to 10% domestic travel including occasional weekends and/or overnight travel
- An Advanced Degree
- Experience in medical device or healthcare field
- Project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]