CAR-T Patient Support Supervisor - Johnson & Johnson HCS, Inc. (Horsham, PA)
CAR-T Patient Support Supervisor – Johnson & Johnson HCS, Inc. (Horsham, PA)
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a CAR-T Patient Support Specialist, located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and balanced lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the lives of individuals with serious diseases. Built upon a legacy of creative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it!
Ciltacabtagene autoleucel (cilta-cel/JNJ-4528) is Janssen’s novel, cell-therapy treatment whereby a patient’s immune cells are collected, shipped to the manufacturer, and genetically modified to be reinfused as a drug product into the patient. CAR-T requires a high degree of coordination across supply chain/commercial organizations and the hospital administering this treatment.
At Janssen Oncology, we are raising the bar on customer experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Our customer service team supports eligible cancer patients and their caregivers through their CAR-T journey. We are deeply committed to providing patients/caregivers with an exceptional service experience, so they are well-positioned for treatment and to receive care.
The individual must be service-oriented and have the ability to drive insights and operational enhancements in a dynamic environment, while remaining forward-thinking to proactively and reactively respond to patient/caregiver needs. A successful candidate must have excellent communication and critical thinking skills. The role represents a unique opportunity to directly assist patients/caregivers in close partnership with internal and external supplier partners.
This position will report into the Associate Director for the CAR-T Hub Operations and will work in a department with multiple patient support specialists. This position will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day operations of the patient support program by assisting with call monitoring and quality/compliance audits, leading and training employees, and serving as a point of escalation. A secondary responsibility will be to assist with patient/caregiver cases, staff management, and data assessments. To best support patients and their caregivers, the team will be set up as contact center with operating hours of 8AM to 8PM Monday through Friday in which you will be expected to work 8.5 hour shifts within operating hours, with at least 50% of your time dedicated to direct call center responsibilities.
You must welcome the challenge of working in a highly visible role where you can meaningfully impact the health and well-being of others. You should be a motivated self-starter and quick study who approaches assignments with urgency and diligence.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Lead Patient Support Specialist team to monitor performance and help find operational improvements in the end-to-end patient experience so that we can continue to improve our service offerings over time in support patients
· Follow all SOPs to ensure program compliance in working with patients and capturing data requirements needed for the program
· Perform day-to-day call center activities which include patient eligibility checks, travel and logistics arrangements, and incidental reimbursement while managing the CAR-T patient throughout their treatment journey
· Proactively work with patients/caregivers showing empathy and compassion throughout their treatment plan and providing exceptional service
· Enter and maintain accurate data and records into CAR-T patient management tool in compliance with the program requirements
· Share learnings, insights and program/process recommendations with leadership
· Develop and manage training programs for new hires and existing team members ensure the collective team is operating consistently and compliantly
· Participate in call monitoring, case audits and PSS coaching to increase customer experience and efficiency
· Manage team schedule and vacation requests to ensure there is sufficient phone coverage
*Note: This is not an extensive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
· Ability to be the point of contact for patients/caregivers with demonstrated excellence in case management in managing inquiries from beginning to end
· Willingness to flex in a dynamic fast-paced environment with changing patient/caregiver needs
· Demonstrated excellence in communication skills in speaking with patients/caregivers in caring manner so they feel supported throughout their treatment journey
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm, compassionate and empathetic in stressful and urgent situations
· Demonstrates ability to complete tasks with sense of urgency while adhering to SOPs and established program business rules
· Strong understanding of the importance of adhering to SOPs to ensure compliance throughout the process
· Strong financial management skills to reconcile receipts for patient reimbursement
· Self-starter skilled in problem-solving and using personal knowledge and any other available resources to work through ambiguous situations to resolve issues for patients/caregivers and ensure their complete satisfaction
· Exhibits excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize activities to address patient travel, logistics and reimbursement support needs
· Effectively work in a team environment that will require you to coordinate activities, build partnerships across multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
· Agile learner who is comfortable operating in complex environments and shielding patients/caregivers from the complexity
· Passionate about supporting cancer patients with multiple myeloma, with the ability to translate their needs and serve as a resource for our services
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the healthcare industry is required. A mix of experiences across the following areas is preferred:
- Customer Service / Customer Call Center
- Academic or Large Treatment Site
- Oncology, CAR-T, or Cell & Gene Therapy Experience
- Excellent people management and leadership experience with the ability to coach, inspire and motivate is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate patient empathy and support is required
- Bilingual capabilities are a plus
- Ability to learn and work within IT platforms to document patient cases
- Effectively collaborate in a team environment that will require you to coordinate activities and build partnerships across internal/external organizations
- Skilled in problem-solving and using personal knowledge and any other valuable resources to work through ambiguous situations and ensure a positive customer experience
- Demonstrates excellent care management and ability to maintain records, in accordance with the program design and compliance standards
- Eager to take ownership, be proactive, and see patients/caregivers through their entire CAR-T journey
- Strong demonstrated computer skills required
- This position will be based in Horsham, PA at the CAR-T contact center and may require limited travel to other J&J locations for business meetings (temporarily hybrid)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.