ACCOUNTING SENIOR ANALYST
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Responsible for providing general accounting and administrative support to the finance department.
Reviews account analysis of all related balance sheet and income statement accounts. Examines and validates various financial transactions related to revenue. Monitors the audits, identification and correction of discrepancies and variances in various accounting reports. Prepares the balance sheet profit and loss statements and consolidated financial statements. Performs monthly closings within the department. Assesses and reports on improvements to accounting system processes, policies and procedures. Analyzes, researches and recommends solutions for complex accounting issues.
Responsible for supporting Fixed assets, Inventory & Costs process, coordination for some activities assigned to other members in the team, and focal point for Projects and initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Support GSF Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects
· Support Blackline reconciliation and general accounting process
· Understanding of accounting technical requirements
· Understanding controls applicable in the process
· Support Automation and Finance improvement initiatives, implementation within the Inventory and Costs process in the team
· Special projects as assigned from time to time including technical and new business initiative
· Responsible for the accuracy of General Ledger accounting entries and Reconciliations in accordance with GAAP, Compliance, Internal Audit and SOX requirements;
Major in Business Accounting or related is required
Office tools knowledge
Knowledge of general accounting processes
SAP knowledge and working experience
4-5 years accounting experience, shared services is preferred
Soft Skills: Leadership, teamwork, stakeholder management, Connect & Communications skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point, communication skills, knowledge of Inventory and Costs accounting processes, Fixed assets, understanding of accounting principles and practices, compliance knowledge (Sox and internal controls), matrix environment, analytical skills, logical thinking; knowledge on other SAP modules.