At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Mentor Worldwide L.L.C, part of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a R&D Engineering Co-op position, located in Raritan, New Jersey.
Mentor is a trusted global leader in aesthetic medicine among both consumers and clinicians by providing a broad range of innovative, science and clinical-based solutions to maintain, enhance, and restore self-esteem and quality of life. The company has products and services in three areas of aesthetics: breast (augmentation and reconstruction), body and face. Of the companies in this field only Mentor makes products in the USA. Mentor’s product portfolio primarily consists of breast implants and tissue expanders.
Co-op may work in an engineering lab to develop test methods, design fixtures and prototyping components, evaluate prototypes on bench-tops, animal and cadaver models and coordinate activities with team members and outside suppliers. Student will work closely with engineers and support all project related activities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design, fabrication, and testing of prototypes through the use of CAD and rapid prototyping
- Generation of part, assembly, and drawing files of various components, prototypes, and test fixtures in SolidWorks
- Development and execution of test methods to characterize new products
- Coordination with marketing, outside suppliers and our manufacturing site
- Hands-on work in the engineering lab and documentation of activities
The anticipated base pay for this position is between $20.00 and $29.00, but will be based on candidate’s program year, discipline, degree and/or experience.
This position is only available to current engineering students pursing a degree at an accredited college/university. Student with majors in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering are preferred. Must be Junior, Senior, or Graduate student at time of co-op. GPA of 3.0 or above preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate engineering student at an accredited college/university at time of co-op.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a team environment.
- Able to create and modify CAD drawings, design test fixtures.
- Knowledge in the field of engineering - courses and lab experience required.
- Must be available full time (40 hours/week, standard business hours).
- Must have the ability to travel to the Raritan, NJ site at minimum of 3 days per week.
- Majors in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus programs and/or community service activities
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.