Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a R&D Project Manager, located in Cincinnati, OH
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Are you interested in exploring the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies? Apply today!
Our R&D Project Manager is responsible for project management ownership for one or multiple new product development (NPD) teams within the Ethicon franchise. The NPD teams' responsibilities encompass product design, manufacturing process design, design transfer and product launch. Key success metrics for this role are meeting project objectives including, but not limited to, time to market, cost of goods (COGS), development costs, quality metrics and ability to meet projected demand.
- Lead complex, multi-functional projects within the R&D team
- Actively plan and drive cross-functional project teams to deliver against integrated, detailed plans and timelines as well as set quarterly goals, generate plans to meet quarterly goals, and facilitate the completion of quarterly goals in collaboration with the R&D team
- Enable proactive communication in collaboration with functional directors and managers to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving program milestones.
- Develop, track, and analyze program’s key performance indicators including the effectiveness of technical strategies, regulatory pathways, clinical development progress, project execution, and product development risks (e.g., alignment to schedule, scope, resources), to provide management detailed status updates.
- Oversight of all phases of the product development process from Concept to Launch. Understanding of Design Control principles and manage gate-keeping, design freezes, design reviews, change control, sign-offs, etc.
- Facilitate team Agile meetings, including Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Daily stand-ups.
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports, etc.
- Working with external vendors and OEM partners to drive development milestones.
- Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a BS in Engineering or related discipline
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of related industry experience.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry: Medical Device, Automotive, Aerospace, Aviation, etc.
- Prior project management experience
- Experience with using and/or administering project management software.
- Experience in progressively complex engineering, R&D, and program management roles with medical device organizations.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with AGILE project management methodology
- Experience managing a new product development project
- Travel up to 10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]