Director, Global Compound Market Access Leader - Neuroscience (GCSO)
Janssen Global Commercial Strategy Organization, a group within Janssen Global Services and a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Director, Global Compound Market Access Leader - Neuroscience to be located in Titusville, New Jersey.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
The Global Compound Market Access Leader (CMAL), reporting to the VP, Global Market Access Neuroscience has the key leadership role of developing and driving the Market Access strategy for a single brand or multiple brands with less complexity aligned with the global brand strategy. The CMAL provides strategic market access leadership at the brand level, expertly representing market access within Compound Development Team and other global strategy teams, building strong relationships and effective collaboration within the matrix. In doing so, the CMAL will shape key strategic decisions such as Clinical Development and Integrated Evidence Generation Plans to ensure that strategic plans fully meet the needs of market access in key countries. The CMAL takes a lead in development of brand value propositions and collaborates through the (Extended) Market Access to deliver timely, optimal reimbursement in a highly challenging environment across diverse regions with complex and differing needs. The CMAL must understand the needs of markets and develop appropriate solutions.
Lead the Global market access strategy for the brand(s):
· Drive the Compound Market Access Team (CMAT), which includes the core functions within Global Market Access (i.e., Health Economics, Patient Reported Outcomes [PRO], Access Policy, Pricing, Real-World Evidence & Analytics) to deliver the global market access strategy & key value communication tools for the brand.
- Be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of the payer value generation and access strategies
- Serve as the leading resource on access strategies and is an active member of the global clinical and commercial product teams, as well as the disease area strategy groups.
- Be responsible for integrating pricing, payer research, health economic and epidemiology information to develop the optimal value strategy.
- Interact with Regional Market Access/Health Economics / Outcomes Research and Medical Affairs teams to coordinate and develop real world evidence generation in support of their access programs.
- Develop an integrated access strategy that reflects macro (health care reform, quality metrics, technology assessment) and disease specific (clinical profile, market segmentation, disease staging and clinical pathway) factors as well as the complexity of a companion diagnostic.
- Be responsible for ensuring that clinical development programs fully capture the value of innovative products to payers, physicians and patients. This includes strategic advice to teams on target populations, trial design, selection of relevant endpoints as well as ensuring quality implementation of study protocols, case report forms, monitoring protocols, statistical analyses plans, etc.
- Drive the design and management of health outcomes studies including: systematic literature reviews, Real World Evidence studies, and user-friendly cost effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Be responsible for educating the commercial and R&D teams on key access trends and opportunities to shape their evolution
- Provide leadership to the CDT in terms of market access data needs related to the clinical development plan; represent the access needs of the regions as a subject matter expert and advocate for the data necessary for positive reimbursement across the global markets.
- Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the market access discretionary budgets, ensuring that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan.
- Develop deep expertise of the clinical and market access drivers unique to cell-based therapies and work to drive the debate externally to influence market access and reimbursement approaches to these novel therapies.
- Keep up to date with scientific developments, bringing the latest techniques and analyses to build the strongest possible value proposition
- Understand the patient perspective of the disease and recommend strategies that can support the patient voice in key payer negotiations
Ensure strategic alignment across Regions and Countries:
- Lead an engaged and collaborative Extended Market Access team, ensuring great communication and collaboration, sharing of best practice and co-creation
· Map the reimbursement pathways and funding mechanisms by key geographies to neuroscience products
- To enable timely reimbursement and patient access, proactively support engagements with key external decision makers to reach a consensus on acceptable evidentiary requirements
· Partner and co-lead with the regions and country teams the preparation and deliverables for early scientific advice engagements.
- Work with pricing colleagues to provide expert perspectives and establish pricing policies
- Oversee the evaluation and modelling of innovative pricing and contracting initiatives and support execution
- Foster collaboration and seamless working across R&D and GCSO functions, including the Clinical Development Team (CDT), Commercial, Medical Affairs, and Global Market Access COE to ensure optimal launch readiness for the brand.
· Education : A minimum of a Masters’ Degree is required. Ph.D., Pharm D, MD, or M.Sc. in appropriate field (Epidemiology, Health Economics, Public Health, Health Policy) is highly preferred.
· Experience : A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry (global, regional and/or operating company level) with a focus in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Payer Access.
· Market Access Landscape: The ability to shape the evolving payer landscape by researching, developing, and maintaining a deep understanding of payers and their perspectives in the key global markets. This includes knowledge of trends in pricing, reimbursement, healthcare policy, and all market archetypes.
· Healthcare Ecosystem: Knowledge of and ability to assess and navigate the evolving external healthcare environment to create policy strategies for product or disease area and influence policymaking institutions. This includes an understanding of global healthcare systems and policies and how they impact local and regional efforts.
· Health Technology Assessment: Knowledge of the principles of evidence-based medicine and methodologies to evaluate health-related technology and deliver product dossiers.
· Market Access Analytics: The ability to systematically gather and analyze information from various sources, including modeling, pricing, and contracting strategies. This includes the ability to generate data to support real-world evidence, identify and communicate patterns and trends, and evaluate and develop strategic plans.
· Evidence Generation: The ability to apply data science concepts and methodologies to identify and articulate value propositions, create and implement value strategies, generate business insights, and drive evidence generation and debate on the appropriateness of conclusions. This includes providing market access inputs to clinical trial design, implementation, and analyses and knowledge of meta-analysis as well as epidemiologic studies. Deep understanding of economic modelling methodologies and applications.
· Clinical Trial Methodology: Knowledge of clinical trials and trial design. This includes applying knowledge to recommend study design plan and methodology, considering trade-offs of different approaches, and developing hypotheses to test primary versus secondary endpoints and implications for labeling.
· Leadership Without Authority: The ability to utilize a deep understanding of internal and external stakeholder needs and perspectives to build collaborative partnerships, advocate for the value of market access strategies, and influence stakeholder decision making without authority. This includes taking ownership and being accountable to deliver key outcomes by engaging others and enabling alignment and discussion to ensure the right conclusions are captured.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is: $157,000 - $271,400
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .