Scientist, Retina Discovery, In-Vivo Pharmacology
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Retina Discovery, In-Vivo Pharmacology to be located in Cambridge, MA .
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in the following therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. We are guided by our Credo .
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role is for a Scientist within the in vivo pharmacology group to support drug discovery of novel therapeutics in Retinal Diseases. The primary responsibility of the Scientist is to plan and perform pharmacology and mechanistic studies in preclinical models with the goal of progressing novel drug candidates from target identification, lead optimization into clinical development. Responsibilities include study planning, hands-on study execution (including ex-vivo analyses as needed), data analysis and integration, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. The Scientist works in a highly collaborative environment, aligns with the teams and key stakeholders on project goals and timelines, and makes recommendations for next steps. The Scientist reviews literature, attends in-house seminars and scientific meetings to support animal model validation, make recommendations for study designs, endpoint selection, in vivo validation plans and implementation of novel animal models. The ability to pro-actively investigate, improve or adapt existing methods and techniques is required. Scientific accomplishments will be presented internally and externally to the scientific community and discussed with program teams and governance bodies.
· Deliver on pipeline: Under limited supervision, plans and executes studies in various preclinical animal models to evaluate therapeutic agents in Retinal Diseases. Collaborates across research groups to analyze, interpret data, share results and recommends next steps. Pro-actively investigates, improves, or adapts existing study designs/methods/models.
· Protocol development and approval in partnership with IVS and IACUC. Responsible for validity, reproducibility, interpretation, documentation.
· Enhance Janssen’s reputation and innovation: Reviews literature and competitive landscape in related fields and develops novel ideas for models/endpoints or innovative technologies. Attends in-house seminars, team and departmental meetings, and regional scientific meetings as appropriate and shares ideas with team in support of project goals. May draft and execute peer reviewed manuscripts, technical reports and patent filings. May lead or teach others on team regarding processes, techniques, or tasks.
· A Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with at least 2 years of post-doctoral experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academic environment or M.S. degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in relevant pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in in-vivo models of Retinal Diseases, including all pertinent ex-vivo analyses.
- Expertise with integrated physiological assessments in the eye, including ocular dosing and dissection techniques. Experience in ocular imaging is a plus
- Understanding of key target pathways and advanced understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development using various modalities, including small molecules, gene therapy, siRNA and biologics
- Works under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy.
- Demonstrates good oral, written, and interpersonal skills and is a strong collaborator and team player.
- Knowledge of in vivo pharmacology principles, drug metabolism and in vivo dosing and sampling skills
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $104,000 to $166,750.
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long term incentives, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.