Area Manager - Oklahoma City
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
In this role as a Associate Area Manager , you and your clinical partner will be responsible for driving growth in the Oklahoma City franchise. You will attend cases and provide comprehensive guidance to physicians and staff on the use of our Impella® product portfolio to drive positive outcomes. Your goal is to develop the market in a given territory to help recover hearts and save patients’ lives. A pre-identified candidate for consideration has been identified. However, all applications will be considered.
To be successful in your role you will need advanced knowledge in interventional cardiology, strong sales skills, and business savvy partnered with leadership and training skills that promote trust, respect and are backed by honor and integrity.
- Promote & sell Impella® product line to established customers (physicians and Heart Teams including Interventional Cardiologists, Cardiac Surgeons, and Administrators).
- Identify new customers (physicians and hospitals) and lead the efforts in activating new centers
- Create account/territory business plans and build programs
- Exceed sales for assigned territory
- Initiate Impella® development activities focused on increasing awareness in the market
- Lead clinical teams whose expertise help drive Impella® adoption in assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3+ years of sales experience with 2+ years experience in cardiovascular medical device sales required
- Proven track record of selling into a Cath Lab or surgical suite required
- A proven track record in leading and motivating teams to successfully achieve quotas required
- Strong knowledge of interventional cardiology required
- Experience selling within assigned geography preferred
- Established relationships/network of Interventional Cardiologists and Cath Lab staff in the Oklahoma City territory
- Proven track record of technology adoption and market development
- Direct patient support experience required
- Availability for emergent patient care required
- Ability to drive patient outcomes required
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.