Process Development Manager, Biosurgery R&D
Ethicon Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Process Development Manager, Bio Surgery R&D for our Wound Closure & Biosurgery platform located in Raritan, NJ.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, and adjunctive hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our Process Development Manager is responsible for leading a dedicated team focused on developing right size, scalable, and capable manufacturing processes. The scope of the team’s responsibility encompasses manufacturing process design from prototype through market launch. Our R&D Process Development Manager will be responsible for meeting project requirements that include time to market, cost of goods, development costs, quality standards & market size forecast.
- Demonstrate outstanding technical mastery: critical thinking, curiosity and problem solving.
- Provide leadership to the team in the development of new processes, building and testing of prototypes, testing, data acquisition (analysis/interpretation), component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications, product materials selection, and process development. Support process validation activities and equipment FATs.
- Build new capabilities to execute translation of the new product pipeline from lab scale to manufacturing scale. Connect with internal and external manufactures building robust process characterization studies.
- Provide project updates to R&D and platform leadership teams and escalate risks with mitigation plan recommendations.
- Drive the design-to-value strategy for the project. Ensure user needs are translated into effective product specifications to deliver a product that meets the needs of our customers.
- Work with functional partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with regulatory requirements and Ethicon Inc policy & procedure requirements.
- Capture & disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve product development processes & systems. Achieve continuous improvement prior to commercial handover through data driven decision making and make an impact
- .Identify and manage key technical process development project risks and appropriate mitigations.
- Support generation of Intellectual Property by filing new ideas and drafting patents as required.
- Provide constructive feedback & coaching to team members & support team members to assist in skills and career development.
- Participate as a manager to improve environment & business systems of Ethicon Inc.
- Obtain resources from functional organizations, support groups & outside sources to ensure project success.
- Foster teamwork, diversity, and inclusion within team, between teams & other groups.
Education & Required Skills/Experiences:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least (8) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Product Development experience with a proven track record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market
- Strong problem-solving and execution skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives
- Detailed knowledge of new product development process
- Experience managing self-directed work teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver project outcomes in an ambiguous environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in synthetic and natural Biomaterials
- Medical or Industrial Manufacturing experience
- Project Management certification (e.g., FPX or PMP)
- Ability to balance schedule, cost, & quality
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
· This position is based in Raritan, NJ and requires up to 25% (Domestic/International) travel
The anticipated base pay range for this position is [$106,500] to [$184,000].
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Eligible for benefits to include medical, dental, vision and time off as well as any others as provided for in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.