Engineering & Data Science Co-Op- Spring 2024
The Ethicon, Inc. business, a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for R&D Engineering & Data Science Co-ops located in Cincinnati, OH, to help transform the landscape of surgery. The Spring 2024 term is from 1/8/2024 – 4/28/2024.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Johnson & Johnson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- As an Engineering & Data Science co-op in the R&D business, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform data analysis on structured and unstructured surgical data sets, uncovering insights for Robotics or Energy Franchise Product Development teams.
- Develop Machine Learning models and contribute to Ethicon product conceptualization efforts.
- Design and optimize data visualizations for stakeholders.
- Contribute to data pipelines and the advancement of Ethicon’s Data Engineering infrastructure.
- Write software to enable collaborative data analysis and ensure data quality.
- Contribute as a member of a team with mentorship from seasoned Data Scientists and Engineers.
- Rotations are generally 3-5 months and availability for multiple rotations is desired. Responsibilities will increase with each rotation as you learn more by returning to school.
- You will have the opportunity to use state of the art tools and take advantage of training courses offered on-site and virtually.
- We offer a competitive wage and housing stipends for non-local students. The Co-op Program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, or other), Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Be in your second year of your undergraduate degree, or above, in school at the beginning of your co-op.
- Considered a student during the desired co-op session(s) (i.e. will not have already graduated college).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in Python, R, or another Object-Oriented programming language.
- Have demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Demonstrate strong interest in healthcare, robotics, mechanical systems, and/or electrical signals.
Experience working with:
- Scientific or Engineering datasets
- Python data science libraries (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, PySpark, etc.)
- ML tools and algorithms
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJDataScience #JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJCoop