Biosense Webster, Inc. a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting a Senior Engineer , within our Lifecycle Engineering Group located in Irvine, California.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
Are you interested in working with state-of-the-art technology to modify and grow existing products, as well as develop creative manufacturing methods? Apply today!
- Executes and coordinates work required for engineering changes to commercial and NPI products both internally and externally manufactured.
- Works cross-functionally on engineering change orders to support, process improvements, regulatory requirements, quality improvements, cost improvements, and new product introductions.
- Leads interactions with supplier and contract manufacturing engineering leaders to execute and prioritize combined projects.
- Directs technicians in the performance of material and processing tests.
- Studies the existing processes to implement improvements to reduce cost or improve yield.
- Responsible for preparing and managing drawing specifications.
- Assists technicians and engineers to solve unusual technical problems in the fields of mechanical, biomedical, electrical, and materials engineering.
- Performs activities of process/product validation.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience required
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Requires knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and documentation
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls and applications preferred
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or other CAD software preferred
- Knowledge of cardiac catheter assembly or component manufacturing methods preferred
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency to understand and speak Spanish or Mandarin is a plus
- Project Management experience or certification is preferred
- Requires ability to work in a cleanroom, laboratory, and office setting, which involves occasional use of laboratory tools and office tools to perform duties and responsibilities
- Requires up to 10% travel, domestic and international
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $77,000 to $121,900.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.