Health Economics & Reimbursement Manager (X2)
Janssen Inc. is recruiting for a Health Economics & Reimbursement Manager (2 vacancies) , located in Toronto, Ontario - Canada.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
At Janssen, we’re creating a future where the disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Hypertension. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
About Market Access:
Driven by our passion to provide patients with access to new innovations, we are united in our purpose to shape policies and build partnerships that bring value to healthcare in Canada.
As a Health Economics & Reimbursement (HER) Manager, you will lead development of value propositions for Janssen products to optimize access within the healthcare environment. You will play an integral role within the Market Access Strategy Teams bringing deep product knowledge, technical expertise and insights, to develop and drive the overall access product strategy. As member of the HE/HTA team, you will shape Janssen's HTA framework and policy positions.
- Develop compelling & strategic value propositions to optimize submissions, reports and other materials to effectively communicate to decision makers and payers based on clinical and economic data
- Develop and/or communicate reimbursement submission data and product value messages to external partners
- Lead and support advisory boards to test reimbursement data and messages
- Develop and lead health economic and outcomes research projects (e.g., health economic and database analysis, outcomes research studies, resource use surveys, patient-preference studies, etc.) supporting product reimbursement strategies collaboratively with Medical Affairs partners. Manage all internal review processes associated with study projects as required.
- Provide expertise on Health Economics & HTA for emerging and existing products to cross-functional partners
- Support Global Market Access strategies and adapting global resources to meet local business needs.
- Support reimbursement negotiations with payors across Canada
- Engage with Access field team to address regional issues as the need arises
- A minimum of an Undergraduate degree in life sciences, pharmacy, economics or health service sciences is required.
Experience and Skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or health related industry
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical lifecycle management and market access/reimbursement environment
- Understanding of health technology assessment and health economic and outcomes research methodology
- Proven experience developing the strategy for an HTA submission
- Strong learning agility and ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to partner effectively across internal teams and with external partners
- Able to think critically, innovatively and possess strong business sense
- Highly engaged with developing solutions and driving outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; well-developed presentation skills (able to communicate complex issues and challenges clearly and appropriately to internal and external partners)
- Strong organizational and project management skills; superior attention to detail
- This position may require up to 10% travel
- Capabilities in health economic modeling & budget impact analyses and database studies
- Experience in interactions with Canadian payers and key opinion leaders
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Puts the needs of Our Credo stakeholders first, pursues the highest standards of quality, safety, compliance & ethics and Ensures everyday actions contribute to Our Purpose
- CONNECT: Builds internal and external relationships based on respect, Collaborates openly across boundaries and acts as a team player.
- SHAPE: Inspires and contributes ideas that challenge thinking, demonstrates resilience and agility to drive and adapt to change.
- Grow : Develops self and others to reach their goals, engages in open & honest conversations and Drives performance by managing energy and taking ownership for outcomes.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!