Product Specialist (Contract) - London, Ontario - Johnson & Johnson Canada Inc.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies (JJMC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMC focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopedic implants, hernia solutions, hemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
For nearly a century, Ethicon's products have been in the hands of healthcare practitioners, transforming their work and restoring the lives of patients they serve. As part of the Surgical Care Group of Johnson & Johnson, our commitment to improving and enhancing the lives of patients is fully realized when our products are in the hands of our customers. Ethicon produces much more than sutures. We have continuously introduced innovations in all areas where we focus our expertise including: wound closure; general surgery; biosurgery; women's health, and aesthetic medicine.
We are currently recruiting for an Ethicon Product Specialist to cover the major acute care sites in the London to Windsor corridor. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is a fixed term, 14-month contract.
- Provides highly specialized technical expertise in Biosurgery and Energy solutions to the customer
- Calls on existing and prospective customers; develops new accounts and grows existing accounts within established geographic territory (full or large part of a region as determined by RBM)
- Responsible for in- depth product expertise, use of products and appropriate continuum of care within the categories of support.
- rovides case coverage within an account as aligned with RBM
- Supports Account Specialists in the region in activities including new product launches, complex cases, clinical based evidence and outcomes-based discussions.
- Provides feedback on customers, promotional programs, and environmental changes and provides ideas to improve product and company performance in the marketplace.
- Collaborates on creation of regional plan; owns execution of aligned regional strategy supporting the development of priority accounts and customers in Specialty area.
- Liaison between Marketing Group and Regional Strategy deployment; drives pull through of product-level marketing strategy regionally, working with Account Specialists to implement at the account level
- Interacts with sales and marketing management to refine product and marketing initiatives
- A minimum of a University Degree in business, statistics or health sciences is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of healthcare or operating theatre experience required – pharma or medical device experience preferred
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership required
- Demonstrate ability to thrive in an autonomous environment
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; especially, should be comfortable understanding complex clinical trial data is required
- The individual must be an excellent collaborator and problem solver who demonstrates a strong ability to take initiatives and be creative this is required
- The individual will have the ability to handle multiple projects effectively and have an overall understanding of the Canadian Healthcare environment
- This role will require evening and weekend commitments on an infrequent basis with some overnight travel required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.